Jestersix

Videos on glueing in corals so that they stay

Def gel. But it just..runs off the frag and forms a residue at the top of the water where I need to sift it out. It’s a PIA.

This happens to me as well when I use BRS brand gel. Like the outside layer of glue sloughs off and starts blowing around the water.

I have never experienced with any other gel I have used.

Here's how Jake did it. I've been using this method lately without accelerator, but again the Polyplab glue is key:

I have had issues with the cheap runny glue. I am swearing off it.
I mentioned it elsewhere, but if you have super runny glue, what you can do is make a pile of baking soda, soak it with the runny superglue and stick the coral frag into it, the baking soda & superglue will harden into a rock.

I mentioned it elsewhere, but if you have super runny glue, what you can do is make a pile of baking soda, soak it with the runny superglue and stick the coral frag into it, the baking soda & superglue will harden into a rock.

This is an exothermic reaction. Take caution when mounting near flesh of coral frags.

I agree, and since super glue cures underwater, I can imagine after attaching the frag, you put it under water and that could help it stay safe for the coral.
Accelerator works the same way I think. I remember @Srt4eric at the frag training showed us to dip right away into iodine/dip water to cool it down.

Back