Reef nutrition

WANTED: Used Nano LED Lights

Hi All,

I currently have a Fluval Evo 13.5 gal that is all stock lighting right now, looking to upgrade the lighting for a tank primarily focused on soft corals and some LPS (Frogspawn and Hammer) wanted to see if anyone has used Nano lights for sub $150. Only ask is that the light can be supported for the tank being rimless. I know it's not a huge budget but trying to see what is out their!

Cheers,

Purgo 25

I don't have anything available at the moment, but I'd suggest keeping an eye out for an AI Prime HD, Kessil A80 + spectral controller, or—if you can extend your budget to ~$180-ish—an AI Prime Hydra 26/26 HD.

Alternately, if cost is the primary concern, there's the AquaKnight, as well as blackbox LEDs (GalaxyHydro, MarsAquatic, etc). Some of these are controllable by WiFi as well, and may be a bit overkill on your tank, but will fit well within your budget.

I would prefer the AI Prime, but the light+ the light holder is an expensive combo and out of my budget. I do like the aqua knight but that is isn't in stock till November! I will look at the blackboxs as well.

You should be able to find a used ai prime HD with mount for around $150.

Just gotta keep your eye on the FS threads. These are sold, but here are pricing examples.

Echoing Randy; you just have to keep a close eye out since AI Primes sell very quickly.

Also, just as a quick heads up since there's multiple versions:

AI Prime: Base/oldest model. 13 LEDs. Cheapest model; I've seen these as low as $110. Can connect to wifi.

AI Prime HD: 13 LEDs. Includes the ability to shunt unused power from LEDs to other LEDs (ex: if you're running red at 80%, you can tap that unused power to run, say, violet at 120%). Should be able to find one in the $140-160 range. Can connect to wifi.

Ai Prime 16HD: 16 LEDs; includes ability to shunt unused power from LEDs to other LEDs. Newest model; probably going to be in the $180-ish range. Can *only* connect via Bluetooth, no wifi connectivity.

I was about to post my AI prime HD with mount and diffuser(can’t find the actual diffuser part so it’s more of a shade currently but you can always cut a piece of it from Home Depot for cheap to replace it) 150$ and it’s yours. PM if interested.

Ran an AI prime HD over my evo13 and had great results

Back