Cali Kid Corals

Water changes

Do you think this will work?
I have a pump that is plug into the apex and place it in the sump where the return pump is located. I am planning to add a optical sensor to the ATK. since there is 2 plug available.
I would simply pump water to the display and allow it overflow into the sump. As the sump at full, once the optical sensor sense it, it will pump the water out to the drain. Once the sensor lower to the ATK sensor, it turn off the pump. It will keep repeating until I stop pumping water in from my storage.

What you guys think?

Thanks

Do you think this will work?
I have a pump that is plug into the apex and place it in the sump where the return pump is located. I am planning to add a optical sensor to the ATK. since there is 2 plug available.
I would simply pump water to the display and allow it overflow into the sump. As the sump at full, once the optical sensor sense it, it will pump the water out to the drain. Once the sensor lower to the ATK sensor, it turn off the pump. It will keep repeating until I stop pumping water in from my storage.

What you guys think?

Thanks
You would need the pump in your sump to be above the normal water line, or right at it, otherwise you will start a siphon that will continue once it turns off. Unless your drain is higher than your pump.

You would need the pump in your sump to be above the normal water line, or right at it, otherwise you will start a siphon that will continue once it turns off. Unless your drain is higher than your pump.

I am thinking to just pump it to the toilet which is higher than the sump. So no siphon.

Back