Neptune Aquatics

Waterbox 20

thephoreefer

Supporting Member
Waterbox 20 gal
Colorado Sunburst anemone dedicated tank.
Lighting: Kessil 360we tuna blue

No skimmer

Sicca 1,500 return pump, will return and use the stock pump because it’s making too much noise, due to big size and not enough room in return pump area.
Rocks from established tank thanks, @Srt4eric and @H2OPlayar
Will put two black storm pair when no trace of ammonium. Will put small amount of ammonium chloride to see if it has bacteria in it.
FF5E02EC-2A08-4934-9927-E0E5017D05C0.jpeg

C8BA9906-139D-4AB4-AF65-8AF8A9B6DD23.jpeg

D005C41B-5008-48D0-9716-304AFAC910DA.jpeg

The stock return pump(1000) less humming than sicca 1500, I will buy the sicca 1000 and see if it make any difference, heard good things about sicca but disappointed in the sicca 1500. Humming sound too high.

Just order the vibration silencer and noise silencer on bill reef supply, let’s see if these help with the sicca 1500, only reason I got it is to eliminate the use of powerhead,( anemones and powerhead don’t do well :) )

I swapped my return pumps to jabao dc pumps.. like the dcp 2500 or 3500.

For the exact reason you mentioned. Sicce pumps get really noisy with head pressure, the jabao ones are silent, especially since you can throttle them back if needed/wanted.

Iv had their pumps for a few years now on my returns with no issues. Replaced all my Sicce pumps and can't see myself going back.

Even added a small one for my reactor for the same reason. Can throttle the pump instead of having to run a ball valve in line which just created more pressure and louder pump operation.

Waterbox 20 gal
Colorado Sunburst anemone dedicated tank.
Lighting: Kessil 360we tuna blue

No skimmer

Sicca 1,500 return pump, will return and use the stock pump because it’s making too much noise, due to big size and not enough room in return pump area.
Rocks from established tank thanks, @Srt4eric and @H2OPlayar
Will put two black storm pair when no trace of ammonium. Will put small amount of ammonium chloride to see if it has bacteria in it.
View attachment 30774
View attachment 30775
View attachment 30776
My CSB "farm" is a WB20 as well! Nice call!

I really hate api when it comes to those colors. I have a red sea ammonia and a salifert ammonia test you can borrow
Nah I think api just bad, I think I added too much ammonium chloride, just did a 5 gal water change. Hopefully it clear the ammonium up. These rocks definitely has bacteria in Em but adding that much ammonium chloride, doesn’t do anything, normally fish food doesn’t degrade that much ammonium.

Back