Cali Kid Corals

Well I might of put little to much thought in this..

Cmyk rgb

Supporting Member
Weathers not the greatest. so I started thinking about frag plugs again. It's not the first time. maybe too much. figured I would share the result. they sure do make the tank look Kewl lol

REEFPLUGS_FLYER copy.jpg

Coral and rock rubble for frag substrates
I’m anti the plugs, especially the plastic ones
I understand their use, just don’t like’m
But that’s just me

Coral and rock rubble for frag substrates
I’m anti the plugs, especially the plastic ones
I understand their use, just don’t like’m
But that’s just me
They're definitely not for everyone. I personally don't like plugs in a main display. but I could see these being useful for the frag swaps. you could use the colored stripe to indicate price. The locker to hold frags down. etc.
.. mostly I was just bored and wanted to nerd out on some art/design/printing lol
had to break away from my normal design work with the storm a brewin

Plugs work great on a rack. For attaching to existing rock, not so much, but with an encrusting coral, eventually the plug part gets "absorbed".
For rock with pre-drilled holes that match the plug stem, the would probably be awesome. Maybe we should standardize plug stem diameter (ile 3/8" or so).
How about threaded plugs that you can attach to prethreaded holes in an artificial rock?

Or... threaded plugs and a matching threaded plastic "nuts" shaped like rock rubble that you can pre-glue to a piece of real live rock. So you can get a dry piece of rock, pre-glue on a bunch of rubble-looking nuts, then put that in the tank. Then as you get frags, you mount them to the threaded plugs and then you can thread them into the sockets. (or not even threaded, just rock rubble with holes that match plug stems).

V

Plugs work great on a rack. For attaching to existing rock, not so much, but with an encrusting coral, eventually the plug part gets "absorbed".
For rock with pre-drilled holes that match the plug stem, the would probably be awesome. Maybe we should standardize plug stem diameter (ile 3/8" or so).
How about threaded plugs that you can attach to prethreaded holes in an artificial rock?

Or... threaded plugs and a matching threaded plastic "nuts" shaped like rock rubble that you can pre-glue to a piece of real live rock. So you can get a dry piece of rock, pre-glue on a bunch of rubble-looking nuts, then put that in the tank. Then as you get frags, you mount them to the threaded plugs and then you can thread them into the sockets. (or not even threaded, just rock rubble with holes that match plug stems).

V
Love this! I think that was my attempt. To give the plug a little more life. Making a rubble rock plug should be just as easy as the standard plug mold

Back