High Tide Aquatics

What did you get @ CFM?

My first CFM, and the main reason for us for the 1h drive one way was to find the mantis shrimp a new home in the excellent care of @ReyDeFarts
Thanks again Alexander! We really appreciate it. If you need the rock back, just let me know. Still no sight of it, but we're going to be diligently observing! We put the rock on the front side of the tank. Hopefully it will come out and explore soon. If it does, we will pull the rock out in case you want it. My daughter and I are excited.

1000007101.jpg

Probably the best part of yesterday, that is was the first time in over 2 months since my wife has felt up to doing much at all. I didn't think this event was going to be a good time for her, but she ended up having an amazing time! She got herself the tiny PNW Customs. She ended up getting excited and did her own little shopping spree. It was great to see her smile again and enjoy her excitement. We got home and she put together her first reef tank all by herself.

IMG_20240128_145025.jpg

1000007080.jpg

1000007085.jpg

1000007092.jpg

A few of the pickups yesterday.
20240128_101229.jpg
Got this awesome hammer from @Arvin R 4 baby heads just on this side!

Wife picked me up this torch. Nice inexpensive tester to see how it does in my tank.
20240128_101829.jpg

She also got herself this pretty little Goni for the DT. I wad glad to see it opened up this morning. It's getting a little whipped around in the rack so I'll have to find a better spot.
20240128_101821.jpg

A view other pickups too. It was good to see familiar faces and meet some new folks to put faces to the forum names.

Im wondering if that's a green hammer with purple tips a a similar frog spawn?

I got one thats similar. With some spots on it, ill take it out and share a picture of it when I get home. After reading your posts now im concerned.

(I used seachem idione based dip)

Here is a picture of it. It's been in my DT for a day now. After some comments and some reading I'm wondering if I should just stick it in a bucket for week and see if it survives. Though maybe if there are eggs though they could have already dislodged and started circulating in my tank and I'm already hosed? If there are eggs, is dipping every 2 days for a week all that is necessary or would I need to keep that up for longer?

Photo3.jpg

Pico aquariums are extremely difficult. Especially that small. Too many swings. Don’t put anything in there that’s difficult to keep.
Yeah, we're not. Little mushrooms, gsp...not much really. It's about frequent water changes is the approach we will be taking.

Thanks again Alexander! We really appreciate it. If you need the rock back, just let me know. Still no sight of it, but we're going to be diligently observing! We put the rock on the front side of the tank. Hopefully it will come out and explore soon. If it does, we will pull the rock out in case you want it. My daughter and I are excited.

View attachment 52292

Probably the best part of yesterday, that is was the first time in over 2 months since my wife has felt up to doing much at all. I didn't think this event was going to be a good time for her, but she ended up having an amazing time! She got herself the tiny PNW Customs. She ended up getting excited and did her own little shopping spree. It was great to see her smile again and enjoy her excitement. We got home and she put together her first reef tank all by herself.

View attachment 52306
View attachment 52307
View attachment 52308
View attachment 52309
A few of the pickups yesterday.
View attachment 52301Got this awesome hammer from @Arvin R 4 baby heads just on this side!

Wife picked me up this torch. Nice inexpensive tester to see how it does in my tank.
View attachment 52303
She also got herself this pretty little Goni for the DT. I wad glad to see it opened up this morning. It's getting a little whipped around in the rack so I'll have to find a better spot.
View attachment 52302

A view other pickups too. It was good to see familiar faces and meet some new folks to put faces to the forum names.
you are welcome. And I can confirm it is in this rock, which you are welcome to keep. The noise from the tank it was in has completely stopped since I took it out.

The PNW tank will be a great experiment. Like a Bonsai experience. A good ATO setup will be important to at least minimize the salinity swings. This was my experience from my 3.8-gallon Pico tank I will be taking down now with the Mantis gone. I love your guys' passion for the things you do, and you are a master of photography.

you are welcome. And I can confirm it is in this rock, which you are welcome to keep. The noise from the tank it was in has completely stopped since I took it out.
Awesome! I'll be sure to let Abby know right away. We've all been watching when we walk by it. Thanks for the rock then. I'll be keeping it in there then.
The PNW tank will be a great experiment. Like a Bonsai experience. A good ATO setup will be important to at least minimize the salinity swings. This was my experience from my 3.8-gallon Pico tank I will be taking down now with the Mantis gone. I love your guys' passion for the things you do, and you are a master of photography.
Yes, the ATO is already on the list. The teeny sump has enough space. I loaded it with some live rock rubble so it will cycle quickly. I can easily pull a piece out for the level sensor. I've got a couple different types I'm looking at. Just need to make a decision.

Thank you for the compliment. Nowhere near what I would consider a master. Much too much to learn still.

Picked up a green slimer from the BAR booth. Thanks y'all! And three others. Cool no name smooth skin and forgot the names of the others almost immediately... Shoot. From Golden State I think the booth was called.

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

Dipped in reef primer, de plugged, replugged and glued shut the leading edges and open skeleton. Hopefully that wasn't too rough and I didn't miss anything.

Back