Reef nutrition

What do you think this is?

Teague75

Supporting Member
These volcano looking creatures came in on a zoanthid piece I purchased from LiveAquaria. I hope they are not bad...

1663691204236.jpeg

Those aiptasia are a royal PITA. I have purchased 6 peppermint shrimp and they all have disappeared overnight. I have been using Aiptasia X to try and control it, but they keep popping up. I wish I new why the peppermint shrimp disappear.

Those aiptasia are a royal PITA. I have purchased 6 peppermint shrimp and they all have disappeared overnight. I have been using Aiptasia X to try and control it, but they keep popping up. I wish I new why the peppermint shrimp disappear.
The shrimp could be hiding out in your rock. I have sworn mine were gone, only to see them swaying upside down in rocky caves and coming out to take bits of fish when I fed the tank.

I am not sure what the zoas are called. I purchased them to get my tank started.
I would love it if those dang shrimp made an appearance. I looked last night around 11:00 p.m. with the red flashlight. Did not see anything....

Unbelievable. Last night around 11:00 p.m. I was looking at the my tank with the red light and I actually saw one of the peppermint shrimp. I thought all six I put in there disappeared. Then it went into hiding. I wonder if the other 5 are sill in there?

Back