Kessil

What the hell is this??

Please don't tell me I have AEFW .. This is on my milli colony. I just notice that some of the tissue disappeared so I remove it from the rock to check it out. This is what I found on the bottom :'( ..

33_21_04_07_12_19_13.JPG

33_21_04_07_12_19_40.JPG

It is AEFW :( :'( What should I do guys?? I've already tossed to whole colony. So far only this colony is infected.

Here is the pic of the FW :'(

33_21_04_07_12_51_09.JPG

Phong,

Povidone dip is good for getting the flatworms off your coral. 3ml/liter for 25 minutes.

But you have to quarantine to let any eggs hatch so you can get those flatworms too.

Here's a dipping guide:

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=451.msg15736#msg15736 date=1171121668]
Version 1.0
-----------

Povidone iodine 10%
-------------------
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not get in eyes.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immmediately.

General purpose dipping guide
-----------------------------

Mix with saltwater according to coral type. Immerse the corals in the dip, and agitate periodically with a turkey baster. Inspect for pests and their eggs. You may find redbugs, acro eating flatworms, red planaria, monti eating nudibranchs, zoanthid eating nudibranchs, zoanthid spiders, and others.

The pests may be stunned enough to be blown off the coral, but not necessarily killed.

After dipping, rinse and quarantine the coral.

Acros
3ml/liter 25 min

Montis
2ml/liter 10-15 min

Zoas
3-4ml/liter 25 min

LPS
3ml/liter 25 min

Softies
3ml/liter 25 min

Some corals have tolerated up to 2ml dip per 8oz saltwater for 25 minutes. Montis may lose color at this concentration of dip. 2ml/8oz should be the strongest concentration to use if you are experimenting. Iodine levels peak at approximately this dosage rate, and will actually decrease as you add more of the dip.

Depending on the coral type and pests, other treatments to consider:

Flatworm Exit for red planaria

Fluke Tabs for red planaria

Interceptor for redbugs and possibly zoa spiders

Hydrogen peroxide in saltwater for zoa fungus

Furan 2 for zoa pox

Lugol's in saltwater

Lugol's in freshwater
[/quote]

Safest is to just toss the colony as you did. If you try to scrub the eggs off, you can miss some. Check your other acros for round bite marks.

You can frag the tips off if you want to try saving some of the colony.

I will keep an eye on other stuff for couple weeks. Anything look similar, I will just toss it away. I still have the bottle of Iodine that I got at the swap. I also have FWE and TMPCC ..

Use povidone or tmpcc. FWE won't do anything. The other two won't necessarily kill the AEFW. They'll stun them pretty good though.

Yup.

You can also buy 8oz bottles at Walgreens for like $14 or so.

Look for 10% Povidone iodine. It's the generic for Betadine. You can also buy Betadine, but it costs a bunch more.

Back