Neptune Aquatics

Which external pump to buy ?

For the last 4-5 years I've run mag pumps in my sump as main return..........lately it seems that when impeller freezes and I try to remove to soak in vinegar , the white ceramic rod breaks.....and I end up replacing with another replacement impellar :((

So just want to get some feed back in what you folks use for externals and how the maintenance is with that pump ( does it require any impellar to clean or other parts to soak in vinegar ) . I am currently running a mag12 to 2 returns and also my chiller. Thinking of maybe a Dart / Iwaki/gen x but would like to hear other options/brands and why you like it.

Sergio

Sergio - I've used the Dart Gold as my external pump with great results - like any pump - I always recommend to clean it out on a regular basis (3-6 months or so).

Another option would simply to go with the 1262 from Eheim, or a Red Dragon or ATB as your wet return.

Let me know if you have any other questions...Happy to answer any thing.

I've used Reeflo pumps for over 2 years. They're quiet and customer service is very good (advance replacement if under warranty). I'm using a Snapper on my 120g with and a Dart on my 225g. I have a Snapper that needs the impellar seal replaced and I have the parts if you're interested.

FYI: The impellar on the Snapper can be upgraded to a Dart gold, but I don't know the price.

LMK.

Back