Neptune Aquatics

Who here is also a diver? Pics or vids to share?

One of my biggest regrets was I was supposed to do a dive at Manta Point in Bali, but my partner got really sunburned the day before and felt sick that morning. I should have ditched him. The divemaster said it was the most epic day at Manta Point in his career.

I went diving in Thailand, and it was great. Great reefs. They served real lunches of Thai food. Like a ton of good food. On that same trip, I did a day trip via speedboat to the Similan Islands. AMAZING diving. Just great diving. Best I've ever experienced. A bit closer, I highly recommend diving off Ni'ihau near Kauai. Very unique.

One of my biggest regrets was I was supposed to do a dive at Manta Point in Bali, but my partner got really sunburned the day before and felt sick that morning. I should have ditched him. The divemaster said it was the most epic day at Manta Point in his career.

I went diving in Thailand, and it was great. Great reefs. They served real lunches of Thai food. Like a ton of good food. On that same trip, I did a day trip via speedboat to the Similan Islands. AMAZING diving. Just great diving. Best I've ever experienced. A bit closer, I highly recommend diving off Ni'ihau near Kauai. Very unique.

I tried to dive Ni'ihau last time on Kauai, but no takers due to the churn out there. I did Mana Crack instead - tons of white tips that day, great dive.

I tried to dive Ni'ihau last time on Kauai, but no takers due to the churn out there. I did Mana Crack instead - tons of white tips that day, great dive.

There was a whale just hanging out nearby during the whole dive. Amazing lava formation and great viz b/c there's no rain (and thus runoff) from Ni'ihau.

I got certified in Monterey years ago, and am really wanting to go again. Seems there should be others in the club crazy enough to freeze our butts off to swim through the kelp...

Spent 2 night on a live aboard a few years back near the Similan islands in Thailand. Amazing.

I got certified in Monterey years ago, and am really wanting to go again. Seems there should be others in the club crazy enough to freeze our butts off to swim through the kelp...

Spent 2 night on a live aboard a few years back near the Similan islands in Thailand. Amazing.
I'm game for that! We have a local dive shop here in Novato that owns a boat and does trips down there. It's been so long since my butt touched that water though -- i might suck the entire tank down in minutes due to hyperventilation :)

Been certified over 30 years.

Singapore- lots of dives there since I was certified there. Very low vis, but lots to see in the outer islands. Where I started to love H. magnifica nems and clownfish.
Maui, Kauai. Didn't do Hawaii. Lots of fish, not so much coral.
Maldives. So so. Was by myself and got paired with a newbie. He ran out of air while I had almost 3/4 tank left.
Borneo - Sipadan Island. Favorite dive of all time! Soooo much to see! Island is tiny, think took me about 30-45 mins to walk all the way around it. But the shore mostly goes out 200' then a straight drop down! Mostly wall diving but some outer reefs are pretty shallow and had lots of acros.

1599774815762.png

Did a recertification course here in Monterey a few years ago and did a few dives here. Super cold.

Certified Open Water and Advanced Open Water in Monterey.
Fiji, Cozumel, Hawaii many times, Caribbean... then I had kids. Still try to go out when I can but that is pretty rare these days. I have one dive pic I can share easily... see my profile pic. Night diving with manta rays in Hawaii. I like this one bc it looks like the guy's head is about to get swallowed.

Been certified over 30 years.

Singapore- lots of dives there since I was certified there. Very low vis, but lots to see in the outer islands. Where I started to love H. magnifica nems and clownfish.
Maui, Kauai. Didn't do Hawaii. Lots of fish, not so much coral.
Maldives. So so. Was by myself and got paired with a newbie. He ran out of air while I had almost 3/4 tank left.
Borneo - Sipadan Island. Favorite dive of all time! Soooo much to see! Island is tiny, think took me about 30-45 mins to walk all the way around it. But the shore mostly goes out 200' then a straight drop down! Mostly wall diving but some outer reefs are pretty shallow and had lots of acros.

View attachment 19516

Did a recertification course here in Monterey a few years ago and did a few dives here. Super cold.
Very cool. Did you stay on that island?

I did but they have since closed the island. You stay at a neighboring island and apparently there is a lottery for a limited number of divers to go over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I actually proposed to my wife while diving in Maui at the 5 caves site. I'll see if I can dig up that video somewhere. Most of my other pics and vid's look like crap from all the blue light.

Edit...It's not in the cloud, so I doubt I'll find it.

Back