got ethical husbandry?

Wild caught verse aquacultured fish

I have good luck with Biota. Although they are usually tiny, but they are typically heathy, eating from day 1 and grow really fast.

Fish from other source (besides biota/kenny) , I'll QT at least 2weeks to a month.

I have good luck with Biota. Although they are usually tiny, but they are typically heathy, eating from day 1 and grow really fast.

Fish from other source (besides biota/kenny) , I'll QT at least 2weeks to a month.
I've never ordered any coral, fish, or anything alive online of any kind except recenty cuc through the bar group order. One day I probably will. I guess beyond dry goods, I've been a bit nervous to.

I've never ordered any coral, fish, or anything alive online of any kind except recenty cuc through the bar group order. One day I probably will. I guess beyond dry goods, I've been a bit nervous to.
When you’re brave enough to order online, I recommend shipping it to the nearest UPS/fedex center and pickup from there. The last miles always screwed me over .

In buying fish from AC, HTA, & Biota -I have had better success with Biota but of course their supply of fish is..limited of course.

With AC I have done fairly well until last year where suddenly I had bought two fish and it ended up wiping out all my fish except for my wrasse -that just died last week after 2 years. I realized that with a wild fish that is full grown you have not a clue to the age of the fish. But I do look at how long the fish have been at AC -I won’t get a fish that have been there less than 2 weeks.

At least with biota -you know they are young.
Unfortunately with HTA I have not had much success except for the dwarf angel for some odd reason-

I have had really poor luck with the sand sifters from all vendors -they have rarely lived past 6 months and as short as a week so I have given up on them and got a fighting conch and another snail that seems to be doing a good job of sifting the sand and hopefully they will live for awhile.

I find it all a gamble unfortunately which is maddeningly sometimes..

Back