Reef nutrition

Wrasse Choice for a 40 Breeder / Where to buy a pink streaked wrasse?

Afraid I haven't purchased livestock in quite some time, so my LFS recommendations would be pointless.

I can hit up some people I know at exporters in those locations and see which wholesalers they ship to. At least then you could ask a LFS to order from them. Without contacting them, I do know a lot of them ship to QM. QM surely also purchases them from Indo as well.

You could try contacting Tank Stop. Eric Cohen, the owner, was the owner of SDC prior to his new venture. He's very knowledgeable in quality sourcing.
The ones I got were from QM

A larger tank is in the plans! It’s not feasible for me right now with hiring slowdowns. As soon as I can swing it I will upgrade tanks.
if the larger tank is in the plans, then stop adding new livestock and start preparing for the larger tank.
I will admit, one of the most difficult aspects of our hobby is to resist purchasing new fish.
I say buy a book instead…it WON’T DIE

Just an FYI if anyone is still interested. I bought a pink streak wrasse from AC on Saturday. Got it home temp acclimated for about 20 minutes. Put in the tank and turned the lights out till the next day. The next day the fish was out and about eating and cruising through the rock scape. So far so good. They had a couple more available if anyone wanted to give one a try.
Good luck

May have found a suspect as an aggressor toward small wrasse, basslet or jester goby? I’ve also seen cleaner wrasse be a-holes toward smaller wrasse in the past.
5CDFA7FD-4B7A-4AA7-A5DF-908CC26CCDB3.jpeg

Edit: Tons of great deals on used tanks available, or pick up a 60 breeder (great dimensions) from Petco.

Last edited:
Just an FYI if anyone is still interested. I bought a pink streak wrasse from AC on Saturday. Got it home temp acclimated for about 20 minutes. Put in the tank and turned the lights out till the next day. The next day the fish was out and about eating and cruising through the rock scape. So far so good. They had a couple more available if anyone wanted to give one a try.
Good luck
I'd love to head there right now and pick one up! I'm terrified that I have a secret aggressor (my geometric perchlet has been seen chasing my former PSW out of hides and my royal gramma took a few swipes in open water) or am lacking sufficient rock work to ethically house a pink streaked wrasse.
I might wait until I upgrade to a bigger tank and redo my rock work properly to get one.

I think those were from our Bali supplier. We really took a hit from Bali by helping them through the export learning stages. Steve went over a few times to train divers and show the packers how we shipped. Though, man, once they got it worked out, we received some amazing shipments.

was trying to pick up a mystery wrasse, achilles, and gem from AC, but i saw they have 3 pink streaked in stock for $85. they are running a 25% off livestock sale also.

They still had 3 pink streaks at AC today. Well, I grabbed 1, so 2.

Be careful with the black Friday pre bagged fire shrimp. Mine is barely alive and not likely to make it through acclimation :( They agreed to replace it, but I really should have looked closer.

Last edited:
Back