Jestersix

Wrasse Choice for a 40 Breeder / Where to buy a pink streaked wrasse?

Fish is currently dying in the acclimation box. He came with splotches and doesn’t seem healthy. I guess the universe will not allow me to have a single living pink streaked wrasse.
BB4C4EF8-AC7B-417B-8B46-288E0758E2BA.jpeg

This is kind of why I don't select specific fish to chase and rather go to the store and find a healthy fish that fits what I want.
It’s my dream wrasse. I just want a single healthy example. I’ve tried fully QTd, leaving him at the store for a week, and taking him straight out of the shippers box. All completely failures.

Afraid I haven't purchased livestock in quite some time, so my LFS recommendations would be pointless.

I can hit up some people I know at exporters in those locations and see which wholesalers they ship to. At least then you could ask a LFS to order from them. Without contacting them, I do know a lot of them ship to QM. QM surely also purchases them from Indo as well.

You could try contacting Tank Stop. Eric Cohen, the owner, was the owner of SDC prior to his new venture. He's very knowledgeable in quality sourcing.

My PSW is now sort of swimming around the acclimation box and my geometric perch let has taken some swipes at him (thankful for the acclimation box). I hope they can learn to live together if this fish pulls through.

If it was me, based on what I’ve read, the perch and gramma would have gone into two separate acclimation boxes, psw would have gone straight into the tank and been given several days to get comfy, then the perch and gramma would have been let out one at a time and observed. Either way, hope the third time’s a charm. Here’s my psw with his clown buddy

Attachments

• EB09A9D8-76BB-49BA-A938-737AF1E6F6D0.jpeg
    EB09A9D8-76BB-49BA-A938-737AF1E6F6D0.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 82
If it was me, based on what I’ve read, the perch and gramma would have gone into two separate acclimation boxes, psw would have gone straight into the tank and been given several days to get comfy, then the perch and gramma would have been let out one at a time and observed. Either way, hope the third time’s a charm. Here’s my psw with his clown buddy
They’re both my hardest fish to catch but I was thinking the same thing. I don’t think their brief aggression killed the second one or the first one but I can’t say for certain.

Woke up to a massive amount of algae on my glass so I’m assuming #3 didn’t make it through the night. I’ll keep non invasively looking for him.

Back