High Tide Aquatics

Xenia dwindling down

Hey everyone,

I got a pulsing Xenia about a month and a half ago. It was doing fine for about a week or so then it started to get smaller. I moved it away from some water flow and it was kind of in a shady spot so thought it needed to be in the light. I threw it in a different corner but didn’t seem to do the trick. My levels seem decent.

Salt is .025
Alk 11.8 (pretty high)
calcium .450 (decent)
magnesium 1560 (pretty high)

Could it be my magnesium being so high?

Here are all my levels as of tonight
8A44EA25-802A-46E1-B1E2-CD492559B9BD.png

My magnesium is high and my calcium is low. Might add some calcium affirmative tips bring the numbers up but also do more water changes to bring the magnesium down.

Check your salinity measurment method you m9ght have high salinity. Cross correlate your testing tool.
If my memory is not failing me, xenia is sensitive to alk and ph swing and value. I think your dkh is high and ph is low. I recommend you correct both if they are indeed these levels.

Check your salinity measurment method you m9ght have high salinity. Cross correlate your testing tool.
If my memory is not failing me, xenia is sensitive to alk and ph swing and value. I think your dkh is high and ph is low. I recommend you correct both if they are indeed these levels.

How would i correct those two things? Would that just be a water change and check the levels again? I’ll double check my salinity again but I recalibrated it not that long ago so I don’t think that’s off, but I can cross reference With a friends tools

How would i correct those two things? Would that just be a water change and check the levels again? I’ll double check my salinity again but I recalibrated it not that long ago so I don’t think that’s off, but I can cross reference With a friends tools
Alk is corrected by stop dosing, using salt that has lower alk value. Unless the alk value is what you are shooting for. If you salinity is high alk, ca and mag will he high that's why am asking u to check salinity

Ph is corrected by first making sure your value is indeed at that level.
Then depend on what's causing the drop you can improve it. Opening a window, using co2 scrubber, using kalk, improve aeration and flow rate..ect..
Its bit hard to recommend unless we understand your system details..

So, I’ve been doing water changes on the weekly. Trying to see if the water changes will help. I also moved them to the top of the rock and see if more light would help.

Back