Jestersix

Zepp's Rimless 2x2 Cube

New update.

I have swapped the MH/T5 fixture for 160w maxspect. And it rocks! I have it suspended on one lamp post that comes with Artisan using the maxspect hanging kit.
Had to modify the hanging cables (stainless steel core - hard to cut) since I decided to use only 1 lamp post.

Overall during the move I lost one millipora, oregon tort and couple of zoa frags.

And some pics:

FTS
DSC_4919.jpg

I kind of like the old aquascaping. It also contained the nems better. One is on the move right now. May switch back to it.

Tank with the fixture:
DSC_4930.jpg

Under the tank. Total mess. I need to make shelves there and maybe fit a ato/controller/djpowerstrip.
DSC_0655.jpg
[/B][/B]

It looks like I have parameters under control. My CA is low now but getting there. I need to start dosing soon.
Finally I'll start looking into DBTC again, now that I can keep corals alive lol.
I actually spottet 2 new eyes on the "war coral" I got at the last swap, woohoo.

Before I got to your recent update, I saw your first aquascape and really liked it! Nice, clean look. (Not that anything is wrong with your current set up ;) ) Goodluck if you're going to revert to the old scape! I've never been able to replicate a rockscape after moving stuff around

Well, it looks much better in person since it is more 3 dimensional and takes advantage of the tank being 2ft deep and cube. The picture really flattens it into a wall of rock really.

A small update.
I have added BRS carbon/gfo since last time I posted.
I also dose a small amount of Kalk every morning and evening and 1 ml of vodka.
I do at least 10% water changes a week.
Parameters are: ca: 420, alk 3mg/l, salinity: 1.026, ph: 8.1-8.3, Mg: 1250

I see a very nice sps growth so far. The water is crystal clear and no algae.

I'm a bit low on mag and alk could be higher too. I need to look into mag/alk supplementation from local stores or BRS.

My Two Part kit from Bulk Reef Supply comes with mag supplements. The cocktail is mixed using pharmaceutical grade magnesium chloride and magnesium sulfate. When a gallon of CA and Alk, is used up, I add 2 1/2 cups of the mag supplement. So far, I've just gone by the recommended dosage but I'll be testing for mag now as I've finally broke down and decided it's important to do so. H) For my 90 gal tank, I purchase dry concentrate Two Part and Mag in 1 gal. size containers. I find it's a great system to fill in what is depleted from my salt mix (D-D) throughout the cycles.

sweet build. The maxspect looks good over the tank. The smaller size and one arm mounting looks like it puts more emphasis on the tank itself. Hows the noise compared to the CAD one?

Maxspect's noise is barely noticeable. CADLIGHTS's was unbearable. The tank is in my office which is also a music listening room.
After I got maxspect - the skimmer is loudest now. But it is in the stand makes more humming than loud bubbles noise. I have a silencer somewhere that I could also use.

An update with a lot of pictures:

FTS, actinics and all lights on:
DSC_6886.jpg

DSC_6889.jpg

Green favia and acan:
DSC_6892.jpg

Clam and torch:
DSC_6893.jpg

Lobo and zoa/xenia garden:
DSC_6894.jpg

Chalice, war coral and green goniopora
DSC_6896.jpg

Green slimer, green milli
DSC_6897.jpg

Green slimer, valida, unknown green coral, tri color acro, surf and turf
DSC_6898.jpg

Green and rose anemones, plate
DSC_6899.jpg

Duncan and sunset monti
DSC_6900.jpg

Lots of corals co-existing pretty close together and some good coloring, especially the green ones. Do you only have the 1 clownfish in there and what's the round, white ball that's looks like the nose above the smile (tunnel)? Looks like a dead goni to me.

CookieJar said:
Lots of corals co-existing pretty close together and some good coloring, especially the green ones. Do you only have the 1 clownfish in there and what's the round, white ball that's looks like the nose above the smile (tunnel)? Looks like a dead goni to me.

No, I have a pair of clowns. Got both from fingerwinkles several years ago.

The round ball is green goni which was too close to an anemone, moved it recently so is is not expanding as fast as other corals (pics taken soon after white LEDs came on)

The mandarin fish is next to "dead green goni" by the way.

I also counted 5 anemones, 4 rose and 1 green. There's 1 more rose that got stuck under a heater and got burnt. I did recover, I saw a lot of new tentacles but could not find it today.

Back