got ethical husbandry?

Diver's Paradise: Felicia's Scuba-Inspired 30 Gallon

rygh said:
Auggh, now I am depressed. I really need to work on my tank more.....
Fantastic pics + tank !!!!
Oh, no! Don't be depressed. I spent like 4 hours the other night working on my tank so its looking extra nice right now.

Thank you! :)

Nice Felicia!

It's a lot of work to keep the tanks in shape, but the next night after a good cleaning is the best. So relaxing to just watch the beauty of the tank instead of noticing all the little things that need to be done. LOL! Your tank is one of my favorites. It has a happy vibe. Good job.

Kmooresf said:
Nice Felicia!

It's a lot of work to keep the tanks in shape, but the next night after a good cleaning is the best. So relaxing to just watch the beauty of the tank instead of noticing all the little things that need to be done. LOL! Your tank is one of my favorites. It has a happy vibe. Good job.
Yeah, I love watching the tank right after a good cleaning because like you said, I'm not thinking about everything I need to do. Even though the tank is a lot of work, I actually love spending a couple hours working on it. Its very relaxing for me, like gardening or something. I always try to snap some photos a day or two after the cleaning because I love to photograph the tank and obviously that's easier when its clean :)

I'm flattered that you like my tank so much. I agree that it has a happy vibe :) It sure makes me happy to come home and watch it after a long day.

Its photo update time!

First, new FTS 6/15/13
IMG_2852Edit.jpg

Left side
IMG_2836Edit.jpg

Middle
IMG_2826Edit.jpg

Right
IMG_2803Edit.jpg

New plating deepwater acro colony.
IMG_2748Edit.jpg

New ORA Hawkins Echinata colony.  Its already coloring up some under my lights.
IMG_2740Edit.jpg

SPS Colonies
IMG_2798Edit.jpg

Mind blowing palys, nuclear green palys, and the toadstool.
IMG_2791Edit.jpg

ORA Grube's Gorg and Yumas
IMG_2760Edit.jpg

Cleaner Shrimp
IMG_2776Edit.jpg

Shrimp with eggs! (and some bubbles, haha)
IMG_2778Edit.jpg

I see you!
IMG_2787Edit.jpg

And a video!

looking nice. Love the hawkins. Porcelin crabs are awesome. had roughly a dozen or so of them before on my old 100 gal and had the blue / purple looking ones mixed with a couple white ones ( the whites loved being in the RBTA's ). While the purple / bluish ones were more rock dwelling. Besides eating particulates in the water column they would also eat nori pieces and some pieces of frozen brine/mysis ( to my surprise. )

650-IS350 said:
looking nice. Love the hawkins. Porcelin crabs are awesome. had roughly a dozen or so of them before on my old 100 gal and had the blue / purple looking ones mixed with a couple white ones ( the whites loved being in the RBTA's ). While the purple / bluish ones were more rock dwelling. Besides eating particulates in the water column they would also eat nori pieces and some pieces of frozen brine/mysis ( to my surprise. )
Thank you! I got a great deal on that Hawkins colony from a guy down in Santa Barbara. I was down there for work last week and picked it up from him on my way out of town. I only paid $50 for that colony!

I love porcelain crabs! That's cool to know they will eat nori and frozen food as well. I've only ever seen mine waving their little filter things to get particles out of the water column. I don't get to see mine eat too often though since they're pretty reclusive.

Lots of new photos!

New FTS 6/27/13
CurrentFTS.jpg

Side View
IMG_2962Edit.jpg

Lily and the aquarium
IMG_3216Edit.jpg

Polyps on the purple ribbon gorg
IMG_2980Edit2.jpg

Chalice
IMG_3004Edit.jpg

Undata
IMG_3006Edit.jpg

Frogspawn
IMG_3020Edit.jpg

Zoas (Pink Zippers, 5 Color Rainbows, Rastas, Blondies, Strawberry Wines, Night Crawlers)
IMG_3034Edit.jpg

Mushroom
IMG_3038Edit.jpg

Mind Blowing Palys
IMG_3043Edit.jpg

Golden Goose Acro
IMG_3127Edit.jpg

Ring of Fires and Red Hornets
IMG_3060Edit.jpg

Sour Apple Birdsnest
IMG_3171Edit.jpg

Warpaint Scoly