Kessil

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

Great chatting with you the other day. You are doing it right by doing your research before buying. You will find BAR to be a great resource of information and some generous folks.

Nice wrasse Jim!! How big is he?? I just got a melanarus myself, but I can't figure out if "she" is full blown female or if she's still a juvie.

I don't know if you need another clown Jim, but there is a nekkid one down at Dolphin's, and they are closing. He's been there for so long. If I could take him I totally would, but I don't think my pair would appreciate that very much. I only want to see him go to a great home.

MOAR fish!! :D How many are you up to now?

Hi Brandie,

The melunuras is around 4", I'm not sure if it's a male or female to be honest.

I'm up to 32 fish...and counting. ;)

I have the 4 clowns, but I think adding a third naked clown to the mix would only create problems.

Hope you are feeling better and Happy New Year's ! :party:

goldielocke76 said:
I don't know if you need another clown Jim, but there is a nekkid one down at Dolphin's, and they are closing. He's been there for so long.

Dolphin Pet Village is shutting its doors? Another casualty. ::cry::

lattehiatus said:
goldielocke76 said:
I don't know if you need another clown Jim, but there is a nekkid one down at Dolphin's, and they are closing. He's been there for so long.

We need more new tank builds. Starting with nano reefs.

lattehiatus said:
goldielocke76 said:

I know, I am heartbroken about it. They were not the best salt water place to go, but some of the people there turned out to be good friends.

Go get that nekkid clown David!! He's been there for a while, and he needs a good home. ;)

Sorry to derail your thread Jim. LMK what you think of your wrasse!! Since I put her in there, I have seen no flatworms anymore, and she's only been in there for about 4 days... O.O but she's got a belly to show for it ;) haha

gimmito said:
I love my melanurus wrasse...always picking at the substrate. :)

Now if I can only find a copperband that eats prepared foods !

I bet you can get a cbb to eat prepared foods once Leonard moves out of the penthouse suite. :D

I fed mine blood worms and pe mysis.

sfboarders said:
I bet you can get a cbb to eat prepared foods once Leonard moves out of the penthouse suite. :D

I think Leonard might be ready to move into the mansion soon....just hope he gets along with the other inhabitants.:)

sfboarders said:
I fed mine blood worms and pe mysis.
I'd like to try another one soon. I know Petclub sells live blackworms and will give those a shot also.

IF you end up constantly needing bloodworms, California Blackworm CO is an excellent source for blackworms which IMO/IME are better than bloodworms or tubifex. Not all are the same, some are filled with leaches and other crap...

http://www.aquaticfoods.com/LiveBlackwormsM.html

BAYMAC said:
IF you end up constantly needing bloodworms, California Blackworm CO is an excellent source for blackworms which IMO/IME are better than bloodworms or tubifex. Not all are the same, some are filled with leaches and other crap...

http://www.aquaticfoods.com/LiveBlackwormsM.html

Thanks Gresham...you are a wealth of information. :)

LMK how Leonard mixes in with his homies. :D I fed mine frozen Hikari bloodworms and slowly added pe mysis. I fed mine 2x a day. I bought my CBB from Steve @ Lucky Ocean.

goldielocke76 said:
Go get that nekkid clown David!! He's been there for a while, and he needs a good home. ;)

I would love me a nekkid clown or two but my breeding rack is fully occupied!

Don't you know someone that's been taking his sweet time setting up a 40B tank who could use a naked clown? :bigsmile:

Bad news bud. New year is off to a really bad start. My transition tank aka contracted velvet from the last fish. I didn't even realized it until it was too late. Freaking disease was so far that by the time I could react. Most of the fishes were dropping like flies. Casualty list are

Blue face angel
3xMulti color angel
3xRegal angel
Flagfin angel
Kole tang
2xdeclivis butterfly
2x potter angel
Personifier
Passer angel

I still have a few that I caught and now on copper treatment. I just hope my snowcasso pair, goldflake and trio Japanese mask makes it.

I'll have to rethink my QT set up before I start collecting again. I looking for something similar to your QT. I would like one QT running prazi pro and another running copper. That way I could treat for fluke or velvet/ick.

Now, FOWLR are on hold.

drdoolittle said:
Bad news bud. New year is off to a really bad start. My transition tank aka contracted velvet from the last fish. I didn't even realized it until it was too late. Freaking disease was so far that by the time I could react. Most of the fishes were dropping like flies. Casualty list are

Blue face angel
3xMulti color angel
3xRegal angel
Flagfin angel
Kole tang
2xdeclivis butterfly
2x potter angel
Personifier
Passer angel

I still have a few that I caught and now on copper treatment. I just hope my snowcasso pair, goldflake and trio Japanese mask makes it.

I'll have to rethink my QT set up before I start collecting again. I looking for something similar to your QT. I would like one QT running prazi pro and another running copper. That way I could treat for fluke or velvet/ick.

Now, FOWLR are on hold.
so sorry for your loss.

Back