got ethical husbandry?

Donations from @livingwaterplanet

Here’s another batch

8e9e731a5db88909d0b2f9eefe153cf2.jpg

37ed18e01acbbfc645916a0639a92b2b.jpg

68db3cb805c7acf12220d6e22825f5bf.jpg

Skimmer has no pump, you will need to match the ones I posed or get your own.

f35cfaf3c03377f9cdfef523ea979ed9.jpg

Chinese box, rusty but works. Has hanging kit

8642bd537b2cf30d821b93bab113b430.jpg

536b83c2132cf20564c3dceb492d6a9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I'd appreciate the heaters, Eheim 1250 and ATO; I might hook it to the RO water barrel.
If no one is interested in the Tunze drivers, I can have them as spare parts.

Erin is right on the money on the Rio pumps; having the personal experience of TWO melting while being used.
Still, they can be used for quick things, like transferring water form a container to X place, quick draining of something but for sure no 24/7 run time.
I'd just cut the cord at the motor block and toss them.

personally
I would just toss the rio's
they're old cheap and potentially very scary

so you swallowing all the pumps? :p

Spares, the Tunze powerheads seem to have the cable cracked at the motor block and that renders them useless but the drivers (power supplies) are nice to have as spares; even the impellers and bearings from the old Tunze Streams.
Normally people toss them in the trash and if lucky, they end up in a recycling bin.
I have a reactor that sports a 1250 and is supposed to give me an idea to re-purpose a tall skimmer body that had the cup cracked and convert it into a Kalk reactor or something else reactor but I might get to that project when I'm 105 years old...

Tunze Driver 7240.27 for Turbelle 6100 (motor block has peeled wires good as spare)
Tunze 7410.602A Power puck for Turbelle 6100 19v; two units.
Tunze 7210.202A Power puck for Turbelle, will work with 6100 but at 11v

**Rio pumps unless someone wants them, I think they will go to the recycling bin based on personal experience.

Ehein 1250A, ~320GPH, no fittings; good as spare. Will give it a vinegar bath.

1" PVC check valves, slip, brand new. These are spring loaded, not swing gate.

Small AC air pump, works good.

DIY ATO with AC relay switch and float switch; seems not to be working, tested the outlet and no power.

Assorted ABS and PVC 4" pieces/fittings

Danner Mag 24. BIG in sump pump; great for mixing water and add heat while mixing or to connect a hose and spray your neighbor from across the street all the way from the back of your house so the neighbor doesn't see you.

AquaC Remora PRO HOB Skimmer. Has a chip in the collection cup which if I find will, will try to fix.
I think one of the Rio pumps is the one suggested to run this skimmer BUT being Rio, I will include a Mag 5

***Unless some serious interest on the iffy items, Rio, ABS, PVC; I think will be placed in the recycling bin.

Something about the other thread you saying collecting lots of junk you need to part with... :D

Yeah... You know I see something that might end up in a landfill and I know someone will be asking for a spare in the future, like the Tunze drivers and power pucks... I resist to accept everything is disposable.
Remember the old IceCap ballasts? I found a guy in Brasil that wanted them so I agreed on mailing them on the condition he paid only for the postage, he agreed; later I sent him a second batch I found.
At some point I have to stop or someone has to stop me!
Hey, I managed to move the work/tool bemch (which was an actual tank stand) to the opposite side of the room and moved the water barrels there; ended up with a big mess by the door buy hey, I actually did it!!

Back