got ethical husbandry?

Favorite Fish?

a7dfba8c1e5a924eb4e89bf8c88a8fce.jpg

This barnacle head loves going into places he doesnt know what could happen to him. Luckily i saw him. Otherwise that power head would have been turned on and bye bye bicolor blenny. Yet hes my all time favorite #bicolorblenny since day one. What's yours? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of the fish I currently own it's the desjardini due to appearance. The copperband is a very close second when he's doing barrel rolls or that zero gravity thing they occasionally do right before taking a bite of something.

Non reef safe favorite, lion fish
Favorite reef safe fish, royal gramma.
Dwarf lion fish is reefsafe dont you think? Atleast on my experience. And they are awsome[emoji7]. Only thing that scared me was the venomous spine. So i had to let mine go[emoji17]

Dwarf lion fish is reefsafe dont you think? Atleast on my experience. And they are awsome[emoji7]. Only thing that scared me was the venomous spine. So i had to let mine go[emoji17]

If you mean only that they won’t eat corals then yes, but they will take down shrimps and any other small fish they can fit in their mouths, so I don’t really consider that “safe” as a reef often has small fish and or shrimp.

If you mean only that they won’t eat corals then yes, but they will take down shrimps and any other small fish they can fit in their mouths, so I don’t really consider that “safe” as a reef often has small fish and or shrimp.
Speaking of shrimp. I had a coral banded shrimp that the lionfish was eyeying on. And wasnt able to eat.

...yet...
Coral banded get really big, and are also not really safe, so I didn’t really consider them
I got a coral banded shrimp as part of my first clean up crew but didn’t know it would kill any other shrimp. My daughter was crushed that she couldn’t have a skunk shrimp with it. It got pretty big and was molting every couple weeks. First few times we saw the exoskeleton and thought he was dead.

My favorite fish is probably a toss up between my Achilles tang and my zebra moray eel.

I got a coral banded shrimp as part of my first clean up crew but didn’t know it would kill any other shrimp. My daughter was crushed that she couldn’t have a skunk shrimp with it. It got pretty big and was molting every couple weeks. First few times we saw the exoskeleton and thought he was dead.

My favorite fish is probably a toss up between my Achilles tang and my zebra moray eel.
That reminds me, I need to move my coral banded shrimp to the frag tank.

That reminds me, I need to move my coral banded shrimp to the frag tank.
That coral banded shrimp will be the last coral banded shrimp id own. It was very aggressive towards everything that passes it by. I got it when it was half an inch. I could have sworn i was telling myself would this little guy survive in my tank. Although it was only a 46gallon tank. I took my chances. Its either that or let it die at a petstore that seems to neglect there animals. I see myself as a fish or invert rescuer, tho i know by purchasing them at that store it would only make the store get more of them but i just cant see them perish without me not doing anything. [emoji17]

Y'all just need an equally aggressive tank if you have damsels then everyone is peaceful. Clownfish (Maroon or Tomato), Damsels (pretty much any), Dottyback (anything not captive bred), wrasses (6-line), Lots of places to hide, and you'll have a controlled chaos.

Y'all just need an equally aggressive tank if you have damsels then everyone is peaceful. Clownfish (Maroon or Tomato), Damsels (pretty much any), Dottyback (anything not captive bred), wrasses (6-line), Lots of places to hide, and you'll have a controlled chaos.
ddbe7d4c5c3bc9c29ecfc3d58d6cf5ca.jpg
i believe i have an ample of crevices. Sometimes its just luck that youd get an extra aggressive and very territorial specie.

I’ll do you a favor and tell you right now. Multiple blue tangs is a big mistake. You WILL regret it. How big is that tank?
Its a 4 ft 90gallon acrylic. Ive had them when they were just an inch each. Once they outgrown the tank id upgrade to a much larger tank.

Probably my Harlequin Tusk

Big enough to easily see, really great coloration, out in the open a lot, and a bit of attitude but not aggressive.
There are prettier fish, but they are smaller, hide, not reef safe, etc.

Back