Jestersix

Hydro smart level

Hydro smart level ato sucks. I’ve had two and they randomly start beeping all the time.

The beep is an alert for when the water level rises to high, or to low, or the pump is on for longer than ten minutes.
All safety features which are cool, and even saved me one night when my skimmer got clogged and overfilled the cup and flooded my room. Woke up to the beeping.

But! It beeps every day even when there are no issues! Today I had no work and experienced it three times. Every time the ato tank is full, the water level is perfect, no issues. And it’s just beeping away. Wakes me up at night. Happens all the time during the day.

Ugh. Saving for a new replacement ASAP.

Here’s some photos of it right now, when it was beeping.

5e84c2b5778ea5083eb595a1b2865c9e.jpg
55b673e9aa3fda7df469065f2aa7acc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a bad experience with hydor ATO. Switched to tunze 3155. Haven’t had any issue so far.

Haha my fiancé told me I could replace it. Since she hates the beeping waking her up. I told her how much the 3155 was and her response “what beeping”

Only ato I've used for over 3 years. It is picky. If I stick my whole arm in the tank, the high level alarm goes off.

I have my apex set up to turn it off if any equipment affecting water level gets turned off.

I also don't have to worry about maintaining it since there are no moving parts. This is probably the only reason I'm still using it. It's covered in coraline algae and baby snails.

Only ato I've used for over 3 years. It is picky. If I stick my whole arm in the tank, the high level alarm goes off.

I have my apex set up to turn it off if any equipment affecting water level gets turned off.

I also don't have to worry about maintaining it since there are no moving parts. This is probably the only reason I'm still using it. It's covered in coraline algae and baby snails.

Yes I love that it doesn’t need any cleaning, just drives me nuts the alarm going off with no issues.

My ATO has all those safety features too, but I've only experienced the beeps when it runs out of water in the ATO reservoir. That inevitably ALWAYS happens at 2am. It's on a timer now so that it goes off at 10pm and back on at 9am. My tank can go that long without needing top off water. I've given up on training myself to make sure there is always water in the reservoir.

My ATO has all those safety features too, but I've only experienced the beeps when it runs out of water in the ATO reservoir. That inevitably ALWAYS happens at 2am. It's on a timer now so that it goes off at 10pm and back on at 9am. My tank can go that long without needing top off water. I've given up on training myself to make sure there is always water in the reservoir.

yeah i increased my reservoir size so i could go longer haha.

New PMUP and improved optical sensors. I believe the default programming used in stand alone mode is changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Update! I didn’t work today. Alarm went all three times. Reservoir full, water level perfect. Shitty product.

I just set my Neptune ATK up this week. I'm new to this whole automated tank world. It might have taken me all night to sort through, but got mine working. (sorry you had trouble with yours, jorahx4.)

I found this thread searching for other Neptune-heads in the club. Hoping to share (learn, for now) best practices.

I ended up smashing the ato with a hammer out of frustration.

Got the tunze super expensive one. Seems to have no issues.

Back