got ethical husbandry?

bondolo's defunct tanks

Mostly everything is gone now. I have a few pieces left for @Kensington Reefer

I have perhaps 25-40lb of pest-free (other than hair algae and valonia) live rock, most of it is heavy base rock. I also have a buckets worth of white oolithic sand.

One of the australomusa frags I gave away was supposed to go to Marlon. If you didn't really want australomusa or have the piece with three frags can you see that he gets austalomusa when it is convenient?

Thanks again to those who picked things up.

I am now planning items to sell. First up are:

Reef Octopus Diablo 185 skimmer with recent Vectra 4S DC pump - $150
Instant Ocean Reef Crystals unopened 200G box - $45
Reef Angel controller with AC box and several accessories- $50
Ehiem return pumps 900GPH - $40
Ehiem return pump 900GPH - $40
Ehiem return pump 500GPH - $30
Marinpure ceramic 8x8x1 NO3 block - $20 each (2) These are currently in the sump and probably best they stay wet to avoid having to clean them before use.
16 element RapidLED 24" strip with two Meanwell PWM inverters - $30 Lights are configured for shallow frag tank. Nice redwood "cover"

Teardown continues. I have removed the lights, return pump, skimmer and calcium reactor and put all the remaining rock in the sump. One of the surprises has been the large number of tiny Cerith snails I have discovered. I had no idea that they were reproducing in my tanks. I also had considerably more hermit crabs that I believed.

Updated list of items for sale:

Ehiem return pump 900GPH - $40
Ehiem return pump 500GPH - $30
Marinpure ceramic 8x8x1 NO3 block - $20 each (2) These are currently in the sump and probably best they stay wet to avoid having to clean them before use.
16 element RapidLED 24" strip with two Meanwell PWM inverters - $30 Lights are configured for shallow frag tank. Nice redwood "cover"
3 X 1.6ml/Minute peristaltic pumps along with extra peristaltic tubing, lube - $100 for all 3.
4x 24" T5 HO Aquatic Life fixture with built-in digital clock timer - $85

Updated list of items for sale:

Ehiem return pump 900GPH - $30
Ehiem return pump 500GPH - $20
3 X 1.6ml/Minute peristaltic doser pumps along with extra peristaltic tubing, lube and 3 part stuff - $100 for all 3 and the extras
4x 24" T5 HO Aquatic Life fixture with built-in digital clock timer - $85
2'x4'x2' Arcrylic partitioned Sump - This thing is a much altered relic but solid. - $30
92G corner aquarium with stand - $250 if you move it from 2nd floor, $400 if I have to move it.

Free items
2x automatic battery backup air pimps - Must write an essay "Why I hate my fish and don't already have backup airsupply"

More items

Aquaclear 110 HOB filter - $10 - good for skimmerless, quarantine or crash cleanup.
BRS DI Dual reactor with TDS meter, fresh media and extra - $20
BRS dual media reactor and extra media canisters - $10
BRS lignite carbon ~10lbs - $30
250W Metal Halide Pacific Sun electronic ballast - $30 - Free DE fixture and old lamps if you want them
150W Metal Halide magnetic ballast - $0 - Free DE fixture and old lamps if you want them (same set as above)
Milwaukee MA957 CO2 Regulator - $25 or $75 with pH controller
Milwaukee MC122 pH Controller - $60 with good pH probe, an extra pH probe and calibration solution packets

Last edited:
More items

Aquaclear 110 HOB filter - $10 - good for skimmerless, quarantine or crash cleanup.
BRS DI Dual reactor with TDS meter, fresh media and extra - $20
BRS dual media reactor and extra media canisters - $10
BRS lignite carbon ~10lbs - $30
250W Metal Halide Pacific Sun electronic ballast - $30 - Free DE fixture and old lamps if you want them
150W Metal Halide magnetic ballast - $0 - Free DE fixture and old lamps if you want them (same set as above)
Milwaukee MA957 CO2 Regulator - $25 or $75 with pH controller
Milwaukee MC122 pH Controller - $60 with good pH probe, an extra pH probe and calibration solution packets

I could use the carbon and probably the dual reactor set up. Does the reactor happen to come with a pump?

The answer is prob no, but are you parting with the ph probe? If so, I’d take that as well. I’m in Albany as well so can swing by sometime this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could use the carbon and probably the dual reactor set up. Does the reactor happen to come with a pump?

The answer is prob no, but are you parting with the ph probe? If so, I’d take that as well. I’m in Albany as well so can swing by sometime this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reactor has no pump. I had it set up to be fed from my return.

The pH probes will go with the pH meter.

Thank you again for the wonderful pieces. The lobo is my favorite.

Attachments

• 702D177B-C272-49B9-8984-14ABE2C341A1.jpeg
    702D177B-C272-49B9-8984-14ABE2C341A1.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 259
Back