Neptune Aquatics

Anyone buy corals from Coralicious Frags?

Disney's are generally VERY fast growers.
Bruce do you have any pro tips on how to color WD. For the life of me, my WD is basically green tenuis. Never been able to make it look like the pictures to the point I stopped believing this coral indeed will look like what is see online without edits or funky spectrum.
This is how mine looks..its gworing relatively fast but looks like this :((
Other coral color up well, I have red, purple, green, blue with all their shades but in this one...frustrating ha ha

Attachments

• 20200407_140055.jpg
    20200407_140055.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 220
I bought from them also a full year ago and red planet has not grown in a year. When I say not grown I mean it hasn’t covered the glue yet! And it’s been 20% dead on one tip for probably 4 months. The second frag I got from them a year ago has encrusted but not even over the plug and it took like 9 months to start. I actually brought up the same thing with another local reefer about them and he told me a friend had the same issue. I can’t explain it but I had the SAME thoughts.

I bought from them also a full year ago and red planet has not grown in a year. When I say not grown I mean it hasn’t covered the glue yet! And it’s been 20% dead on one tip for probably 4 months. The second frag I got from them a year ago has encrusted but not even over the plug and it took like 9 months to start. I actually brought up the same thing with another local reefer about them and he told me a friend had the same issue. I can’t explain it but I had the SAME thoughts.
In all honesty when a coral grow or not that is not necessarily the vendor fault. If coral are not happy they stop growing, when they stop growing they are basically slowly dying.
Red planet in my system grow like weed. So even if I get a bad frag, I would like to think that it will recover and start growing fast.
My point is, if coral is not growing for a while, it's time to look at the system hosting it and make sure it's not system fault.

Bruce do you have any pro tips on how to color WD. For the life of me, my WD is basically green tenuis. Never been able to make it look like the pictures to the point I stopped believing this coral indeed will look like what is see online without edits or funky spectrum.
Other coral color up well, I have red, purple, green, blue with all their shades but in this one...frustrating ha ha

Getting the blue tips is pretty easy with high par. Most of the brightly colored ones are under 500+ PAR with very high flow. I've gotten good tips at lower PAR but only with very high flow. Pinks are still hit and miss depending on nutrients I suspect. Also, you'll never see a lot of color like in the pics unless you look from the top down with a lot of blue light.Check with @Chromis too. She's a mistress of coral colors.

Last edited:
In all honesty when a coral grow or not that is not necessarily the vendor fault. If coral are not happy they stop growing, when they stop growing they are basically slowly dying.
Red planet in my system grow like weed. So even if I get a bad frag, I would like to think that it will recover and start growing fast.
My point is, if coral is not growing for a while, it's time to look at the system hosting it and make sure it's not system fault.
Of course I agree. Remember I didn’t start
This thread I’m just adding my experience that matched the OPs experience and others. I’ve seen rostatos tank and it’s flourishing and I have about 40 acros frags in the same tank and some have grown to baseball size in the same time. I have frags that have grown very very slow too. He asked it anyone had the same experience and I have. I do agree it’s probably a coincidence but when I read the title I lol because I had thought the same and had conversations about it with others and I thought I was crazy.

Of course I agree. Remember I didn’t start
This thread I’m just adding my experience that matched the OPs experience and others. I’ve seen rostatos tank and it’s flourishing and I have about 40 acros frags in the same tank and some have grown to baseball size in the same time. I have frags that have grown very very slow too. He asked it anyone had the same experience and I have. I do agree it’s probably a coincidence but when I read the title I lol because I had thought the same and had conversations about it with others and I thought I was crazy.
Btw my comment was in general, I did not mean to harass you in any way..am sorry if I came across such.
Am in no way defending a vendor.
Indeed I have had my share of bad purchases especially online.
I actually have stopped buying online many years ago, only exception was battle coral and recently RandyC.
So I totally understand where you coming from.
Here is an example: I swear of battle coral, teust the guy and regularly buy from him, good experience all around. Yet, there are some hard core reefers here they never had luck with the guy...hard core reefers...I do not know what to think other than systems mismatch

Last edited:

Hmm. Well at least I’m not the only one. Maybe they do something in there systems that we don’t, or maybe the day at CFM is really stressful for the coral and it doesn’t do well after. Or maybe I’m just not good “enough”

here’s what mine is looking like.
My frag came from @daddio which I believe he got from Tim Plaza (TFP)
When did you get yours, I got one from him. He did tell me it was barely a splotch on a frag plug though. And again, I think I got over zealous with putting it up high in the tank to the point that it did whiten up quite a bit, still looked good at "night" when blues/violet LEDs hit it mind you, but during the day time a lot of color is missing... it is working it's way back though.

Btw my comment was in general, I did not mean to harass you in any way..am sorry if I came across such.
Am in no way defending a vendor.
Indeed I have had my share of bad purchases especially online.
I actually have stopped buying online many years ago, only exception was battle coral and recently Bruce.
So I totally understand where you coming from.
Here is an example: I swear of battle coral, teust the guy and regularly buy from him, good experience all around. Yet, there are some hard core reefers here they never had luck with the guy...hard core reefers...I do not know what to think other than systems mismatch
Thank you I appreciate that. No worries.

yeah rostato I bought mine at the same meet. Also you may be right that even though they are not bought online and shipped they still are transported and sitting in a frag tank. We’ll never know.

Plus. These are the only acros I’ve bought from CFM. Most things I buy from there are LPS. So, ‍♂️

I also bought a RR photoshopped at the last CFM from some other gender...can’t remember and it hasn’t colored up as well.

im thinking it’s me.

Maybe that's because people blast them with light? I dunno, mine bleached a bit when I put it in 350+ PAR range, so now I'm trying to bring some color back at lower light. Or maybe much like Rostato I just got a bum frag :D
Here's my WD for comparison. Haven't measured PAR but it's about 5" off sand in a 24 deep, running Radion XR30Ws Pros.

One in center of pic is my WD.
20200512_225051.jpg

Wow. Your WD is definitely different than mine

I just picked up a WD chunk from @tankguy . Will post side by side for comparison

Since we are comparing WD, here’s my BC WD

d78cc0147e41dce60cf6417bc6944afd.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Battle coral carry WD? Are you sure it's from BC? I have had couple talks with adam about WD and he was never in fav of carrying it cause he do not like the fact that you need specific spectrum to have it look like in common online pictures.
Adam is in to posting pictures with regular spectrum and indeed whatever I get from him looks the same when i tank it under my normal spectrums..

Last edited:
Back