Our mission

What other hobbies do you have?

IOnceWasLegend

Frag Swap Coordinator
BOD
We're all here because of one shared hobby, but I'm curious what other hobbies everyone has!

My major ones:

• Cooking: food is tasty. I love trying, and making, new things. I also made friends with a local champion barbecuer, so I'll be focusing on upping my grilling and smoking game.
  • Baking: savory baking, mainly. Meat pies are some of the best things ever, fresh bread is delicious, and I want to learn the science behind it better.
  • Homebrewing: I did all-grain brewing for a few years, and am looking forward to getting back into it. Maybe I'll make a club batch if we're ever able to do a post-COVID club get-together.

I'm an amateur blacksmith.. very amateur. I've made several forges.

I like finding rocks. I know a killer spot in the Stanislaus National Forest to find garnets.

Video games. I used to be in a hardcore progression raiding guild in World of Warcraft. I haven't played that life sucking game in about a year.

I'm an amateur blacksmith.. very amateur. I've made several forges.

I like finding rocks. I know a killer spot in the Stanislaus National Forest to find garnets.

Video games. I used to be in a hardcore progression raiding guild in World of Warcraft. I haven't played that life sucking game in about a year.

I've actually wanted to try blacksmithing! A coworker of my wife has a machine shop workspace he's offered to us to use, and has expressed interest in a forge, so...any easy/low-cost designs you've put together?

In no particular order:
  • Technology/gaming (I work in IT)
  • Cooking
  • The german shepherd that lives in the house
  • The ragdoll kitten we just brought home
  • Watches

Miiiiiight need a picture of the ragdoll kitten. :) My wife and I are both huge animal people - we have four cats (two intentional, two showed up on our back porch) and a tarantula in addition to our aquatic menagerie.

Don’t take too many pictures but here’s one.

Attachments

• 625AE592-3593-434C-9AC3-3F8322F6D497.jpeg
    625AE592-3593-434C-9AC3-3F8322F6D497.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Woodworking - building furniture...although no room for more.
  • Cooking - only savory stuff...it’s all about the protein...no sweets.
  • Model trains - was a childhood hobby...just got back into it now that I’m an empty nester.
  • Cars? - My brother is a car nut and tracks cars. My wife is going on her first track day next month. I may get sucked into it too.

Lots. Kinda rotate depending on what's going on in my life.

Currently -
Shooting - working on getting a long range rifle setup for 1500 yds
Archery - Just for fun, working on getting comfortable shooting target compound @ 70 yds
RC - right now working getting better with my helis. Primarily a fixed wing guy.

• Cooking +1. In past lives, I thought of becoming a chef. \ restauranteur . Lately, it's been about making noodles from scratch.
  • Martial arts -- also thought about opening a studio
  • Languages -- love learning new ones... been a few years, but last language I took a whack at is Romanian. "asa... am inteleg putin romaneste". :)
  • Travel (if you count this as a hobby) -- 26 countries, and prob 250+ cities so far... granted many of this was work-supported, which helps A LOT.

Sadly I don't get to do much other than reefing these days due to having a first grader and an infant, and in the time of covid, but my neglected hobbies are:

Music - flute, guitar, vocals, acapella
Camping/Hiking - love the outdoors
Shooting/archery - throwback to my days in the military

Last edited:
Back