Kessil

Coral reefer’s 360 gal system. 225 display and frag tanks

A co2 scrubber controlled by something with ph probe does sound attractive... that and a skimmer restart delay would be the only things I can think of I need a controller for tho.
I used a ball valve instead of a solenoid on the DT to control the amount of regular air drawn into the skimmer vs through the scrubber. 1/4" open on the regular air seems match around what the controlled solenoid does in the garage

What are the schooling fish you have? Anthias? Tank is looking good!

next time you’re fragging and have bone cutters near the tank you should cut the excess ends on the zip ties
Hoping to redo the lighting soon. Gonna change the orientation of the fixtures 90 degrees and add one more. Need to figure out what I’m going to use for the extra rail/mounting bar

Moved some of my battle corals into the display along with the CRC crystal flame from @Edgar Sandoval. These are going to have to be moved at some point when they start growing out, but that’s why they’re all on tiles
EDDA0FC0-126E-49E1-B4A9-F33289C90CB0.jpegA7E5EC8D-49CA-4ADE-911C-929F87D9AED8.jpegAA6D6997-2803-4C48-9329-EED84F263D0B.jpegDBDDC6B7-616E-4F77-BC8C-EFA964814E5C.jpegBB36AD5B-625B-4FE6-9349-22838F30D9F7.jpeg72D59548-6D38-4801-A7AB-160D9C1B6AEF.jpeg

Removed the structure that was overgrown with orange zoas after I cemented this together...
6D398002-824B-40BF-9198-F27FBCCD96BC.jpeg
A7A2AE40-B0D6-4AB9-A6E9-7623F34DF405.jpeg
169A76CA-DE92-4B62-9AD3-DA35A20873F1.jpeg

Only one more structure to go. The one that came out would’ve been really good height and shape for the spot, but those damn zoas...
Anyone want setosa or branching green porites? Also still have jumbo chunks of mystic monti.

Want to let everybody know about this. I gave out a frag a few weeks back that someone found what we both believe to be a red bug on. I haven’t seen them in my tank, but I did find something (on a different collony((red planet)) ) that I didn’t know know what it was.
Some people online have called them “white bugs” I dont actually know what they are. There was a section of my red planet colony that didn’t have polyp extension. I didn’t really notice or think about it, I think because it’s was probably a slow change, not one day normal PE to the next having none, but once I started looking for red bugs I started thinking about it.oke if the main symptoms is reduced PE.
I could see a couple small whitish things moving back and forth near a couple coralites. Upon a closer look they appeared to Be very similar looking to red bugs, so I decided to treat for red bugs and the treatment for what others online have described as white bugs that look very much like what I had happens to be the same.
Apparently people believe they are parasitic copepods of some sort. They seem to go in and out of the coralites and may feast on the polyps. They may or may not be the things that @NanoCrazed recently posted a pic of. I haven’t seen them up close enough to say that. I have given him frags tho...
I say had because I am two of the three weekly treatments for red bugs through and haven’t seen anything moving since the day after the first treatment. I have noticed slowly improved PE from the part of the red planet that didn’t have any before and have been unable to find any bugs with my mesoscope (magnification). All other acros have been fine the whole time and haven’t shown any changes.
I apologize in advance to everyone I’ve shared corals with. I hope you didn’t catch these guys. If you did, the treatment seems to be quite simple at least. I don’t know how long I had them, or if I hadn’t white bugs and red bugs. I just wanted to let everyone know. I don’t think it’s likely they would have been on other types don corals I’ve given out, but be careful everyone. Always dip and or QT. Even from me. Apparently especially from me.

Last edited:
Want to let everybody know about this. I gave out a frag a few weeks back that someone found what we both believe to be a red bug on. I haven’t seen them in my tank, but I did find something (on a different collony((red planet)) ) that I didn’t know know what it was.
Some people online have called them “white bugs” I dont actually know what they are. There was a section of my red planet colony that didn’t have polyp extension. I didn’t really notice or think about it, I think because it’s was probably a slow change, not one day normal PE to the next having none, but once I started looking for red bugs I started thinking about it.oke if the main symptoms is reduced PE.
I could see a couple small whitish things moving back and forth near a couple coralites. Upon a closer look they appeared to Be very similar looking to red bugs, so I decided to treat for red bugs and the treatment for what others online have described as white bugs that look very much like what I had happens to be the same.
Apparently people believe they are parasitic copepods of some sort. They seem to go in and out of the coralites and may feast on the polyps. They may or may not be the things that @NanoCrazed recently posted a pic of. I haven’t seen them up close enough to say that. I have given him frags tho...
I say had because I am two of the three weekly treatments for red bugs through and haven’t seen anything moving since the day after the first treatment. I have noticed slowly improved PE from the part of the red planet that didn’t have any before and have been unable to find any bugs with my mesoscope (magnification). All other acros have been fine the whole time and haven’t shown any changes.
I apologize in advance to everyone I’ve shared corals with. I hope you didn’t catch these guys. If you did, the treatment seems to be quite simple at least. I don’t know how long I had them, or if I hadn’t white bugs and red bugs. I just wanted to let everyone know. I don’t think it’s likely they would have been on other types don corals I’ve given out, but be careful everyone. Always dip and or QT. Even from me. Apparently especially from me.
That's for the heads up... been planning on treating the tank once my new frags got here. And here they are!

Back