Cali Kid Corals

Apex program

So I bought a break out box for the apex and would like to use it as an ato with 3 float switches . How would I go about programming it to set on when low and off when it reaches the top switch? Also how would I set one up to alert me if the sump water level gets too high due to my return pump shutting off. I am a newb at apex. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

So I bought a break out box for the apex and would like to use it as an ato with 3 float switches . How would I go about programming it to set on when low and off when it reaches the top switch? Also how would I set one up to alert me if the sump water level gets too high due to my return pump shutting off. I am a newb at apex. Thanks in advance

You can start by going to the outlet you have your ato pump plugged in to, and setting Control type to "ato" and selecting your high and low switched on your BoB from the drop downs.

That should get you started. Then you an go to advanced to see the code and go from there

This set of articles helped me understand what you can do with your Apex. First article is intro, 2nd one is on ATK programing, there are another 6 or so articles if you want to learn everything. You will need to adjust code to do exactly what you want to do, but don't let it intimidate you. It's pretty easy, there are only a few "codes" you can use so it's not too overwhelming.

Thank you for the help. I set up the BOB with 1 switch to turn off my ato if the water level gets high ie return pump shuts off. But I can't get it to turn back on after the float swirch is closed. What am I doing wrong
b6510277c99b06d85693ae95b60e53d0.jpg

Oh this is a backup right? So you want the outlet to let whatever ato system you have run normally, but have this cut power of the water hits your additional switch?

If my above assumption is correct, I think you want to remove the Defer and return pump lines. If the return pump is off, the water will rise and trigger the switch anyway. Unless you are using this for some other reason.

I assume when your water rises it "closes" the emergency switch. If this is the case, your open and closed clauses need to be swapped off/on

When the water rises it opens the switch and shuts ato off but when it drops the switch closess but ato doesn't come back on

You were right it was the 5 minute defer thats why I wasn't seeing it turn on. Now how the heck do I set notification lol

You should have an outlet called emailalm or something similar. Just program it like any other outlet. I don't have an email set up, so it just does push notifications. I'm not sure if there is a way to just get push notifications for some things and emails for others.
Screenshot_20201101-215547_APEX Fusion.jpg

Back