High Tide Aquatics

Neptune Aquatics got robbed

Saw that. What the hell. Keep an eye out on local forums for this stuff (posting a screenshot of their FB post that has more info):

EDIT: Picture deleted since Neptune has removed the picture from their FB.

Last edited:
$1200 for a red carpet anemone? Man those certainly went up in a price. And while it sucks they got robbed, I kinda want to see someone grab a carpet anemone, those are some super sticky things.

Just saw this update on their Instagram and noticed they took the pictures off their Facebook.
0A2CF171-BB81-45A3-AE0C-BACD37CBB55E.png

Maybe the thieves turned themselves in to Neptune to collect the $1000 from them. Knowing the cops wouldn’t do anything anyway.

Sorry.. missed what originally happened. Were they robbed?

Yeah; a few people came in and stole an aussie gold torch and a carpet nem. The situation has apparently been resolved to Neptune's satisfaction.

This was apparently the second case of coral theft I'm aware of in the past few months. Someone stole a ton of jawbreakers and other corals from...I wanna say California Reef? (EDIT: Clear Water aquarium.)

Yeah; a few people came in and stole an aussie gold torch and a carpet nem. The situation has apparently been resolved to Neptune's satisfaction.

This was apparently the second case of coral theft I'm aware of in the past few months. Someone stole a ton of jawbreakers and other corals from...I wanna say California Reef? (EDIT: Clear Water aquarium.)

WOW!!! How the heck do you do that? RIDICULOUS!
I'm glad it was resolved. Thanks :)

I've had coral stole from my shop twice in 8 years. I caught both people, one was my friend he stole a rainbow acan. The other was a old man, he stole a rainbow acan and master scoly. He got away with the master, I didn't realize it was gone untill later in the day.

All of these examples are of pretty high-profile and high-value pieces. I wonder how many easier-to-miss mid-value corals get stolen without anyone noticing? I assume the stores don’t have any real inventory system to notice when something is missing. Every time I buy something they just bag it up and give it to me without any record keeping.

It’s still hard for me to wrap my head around someone in our hobby doing this. The motivation, the act of actually reaching into a tank and stuffing the coral in your pocket or bag, and afterwards having it in your tank as a constant reminder of what a scumbag you are vs selling on Craigslist or something...

Last edited:
Back