Our mission

New sensors from Neptune coming out

Fun!

Long ago I made a DIY water depth sensor like the new ruler like LLS they are doing. (Using E-Tape liquid sensor + arduino)
Acuracy was so-so. So I am interested in what Neptune will see in long term real use.

Reactions: JVU
That liquid level sensor is pretty awesome. I think the sensitivity would work well with future fleece rollers, but not sure how much it would help otherwise. I guess tracking your dosing container to make sure you're dosing pumps aren't doing something crazy would be helpful too. I think two float/optical sensors could achieve most things we would need otherwise. But the cool factor of seeing an almost analog readout of your dosing as a comparison to what you actually think you're dosing, would be a huge plus.

That liquid level sensor is pretty awesome. I think the sensitivity would work well with future fleece rollers, but not sure how much it would help otherwise. I guess tracking your dosing container to make sure you're dosing pumps aren't doing something crazy would be helpful too. I think two float/optical sensors could achieve most things we would need otherwise. But the cool factor of seeing an almost analog readout of your dosing as a comparison to what you actually think you're dosing, would be a huge plus.
One benefit is just using a single port on the FMM. so depending on the situation/setup you'd save $ by avoiding the need for another FMM

Just had another thought recently for the level sensor:
Skimmate containers.

If you have a big enough one and run wet enough, I bet it could throw off your salinity since your ATO would fill the gap. With the level sensor, it could control an AWC to add additional amounts of new saltwater to offset.

Of course I'm not sure how much skimming water out would really change your tank's salinity, but this would actually be a feature I'd like to play with. If you already have an AWC system, it could be super easy as long as it's also Apex controlled.

Reactions: JVU
Back