High Tide Aquatics

Salty_Taste650: Innovative Marine 14Gal Peninsula

Light spill is abolutely terrible and makes shooting content very difficult. I guess my next investment will be a reflector for my a360x. If anyone has created a 3d printed design or suggestions on where to pick up one, please let me know. If there are 3d prints out there, happily pay the cost.

Thanks for the send! How do you like it? Might have to pick this up
It's very well made (no goopy bits or strings of extra plastic flying around). The side glare effect is reduced/eliminated, but there's still lots of light spill. No way of fixing that given the flawed designs of no-reflector LEDs, or you just install in a canopy like in the old days.

No more new tanks for a long while
Work what you have
They are constantly changing
Learn their nuances and subtleties
How long have you kept something alive?
“Keep less, longer”

Certainly only my humble opinion

No more new tanks for a long while
Work what you have
They are constantly changing
Learn their nuances and subtleties
How long have you kept something alive?
“Keep less, longer”

Certainly only my humble opinion
Mm Personally.. my WWC OG Bounce is probably my oldest specimen around 3 years old!

Thanks for sharing! Will definitely keep that in mind moving forward! In terms of other corals in the many tanks, I think the oldest coral we still have is from 2007 indo Acan Enchinata. Then would be the Duncan from 2009

Tyree LE Watermelon Chalice

Classic but my favorite Chalice. Owned since 2011. Tonga Branches are Beautiful. Got those branches cooking since the 90s… older than me.

150g is coming together nicely

Attachments

• 567C4C13-12A8-420B-81D3-9069E2A8931D.jpeg
    567C4C13-12A8-420B-81D3-9069E2A8931D.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 87
Thank you for the link! You have a pair that is 18 years old?! Amazing. I'm curious to hear about how long other reefers have successfully kept clownfish or any other species for.

My goal for 2023 is to learn about the breeding process and take on this new challenge!

2022 Goals:
- Phytoplankton
- Copepods
- White Worms
- Macro Growth
Shoot Chad @ Reed an email. He'll help you, and give you resources. Besides being the copepod king, he also work at several hatcheries, ORA included.

chad@reedmariculture.com

My rock is all Tonga branch too from the early 2000s. I love it. That watermelon is a classic!
Gotta love the Classics! Rock and coral. Can’t go wrong!
Shoot Chad @ Reed an email. He'll help you, and give you resources. Besides being the copepod king, he also work at several hatcheries, ORA included.

chad@reedmariculture.com
Sick! Thanks for the plug. Will reach out to him soon!

Last edited:
May they all heal and let the fun begin :)

Check out my new Youtube Short on:
Fragging Yellow Fiji Leather
Day 1 Fiji Yellow Leather Frags

PM if interested.

Update: 01/02/2023
These frags are super difficult..
Some have microfragged themselves and floated off
Others have somehow slimed up and slipped from being under a rubber band disappearing in the tank

Momma Colony is finally healing after almost a week of being cut.
They did say, Yellow Leathers are finicky and known to not frag well. I disregarded it and took it lightly… I was in for a rude awakening

Last edited:
Sorry to hear. How long was it out? You can always run a UPS backup battery from a computer in a pinch to keep a pump going. It takes awhile for temperatures to go down but oxygen will go fast.

Sorry to hear. How long was it out? You can always run a UPS backup battery from a computer in a pinch to keep a pump going. It takes awhile for temperatures to go down but oxygen will go fast.
7 Hours. Yes that is the plan moving forward. Mistakes were made.

As long as my remaining frags make it out, this project was definitely worth it.

Back