Kessil

Trying to connect RO line to my Kamoer X1 pro

Patio

Supporting Member
I am trying to connect my dosing pump (Kamoer X1) to RO line then into my Kalk reactors john guest fitting. I need a piece that can transition me from the dosing pump's line diameter to RO size diameter. Like a male x male barbed downsize union. Do these exist or is there a work-around I need to figure out?

Would this work?
Ozone Kynar Fittings
Ozone Resistant Reducing Barb Union 1/4” x 3/16”

Dose pump info:
  • X1 pro pump head tubing size: ID*OD 2*4mm pharmed bpt tube
  • Included PVC tubing size: ID*OD 3*5mm
I can post pictures this evening if my writing is not painting a clear picture.

Thanks for any help!

they do exist, you just have to find it.
you could use something like this.

you could use something like this.

The murlock adapter seems nice but I did not see any that would reduce down to my pumps tubing diameter.

I needed some RODI replacement parts so I ordered the reducing barb union 1/4" x 3/16" as well. Friday I should find out if it will work.

The part arrived.... Not even close. Way too large.

I didn't see any other option on BRS or MD (probably overlooking it). I may try a plumbing supply store and will see if BRS support has any suggestions. If not, I may end up just purchasing the ecotech dosing pump as it seems to be equipped for RO line out of the box. I can use the Kamoer down the road for another application that doesn't require RO diameter sizing up.
IMG_0501.jpg

Is the barb too large? Those silicone ends are pretty stretchy.
Good point! I snapped that pic while home from work at lunch today and didn't even think to give it a try. I will try this evening when back home. Thanks for the push!

I believe the Kamoer tubing they give you is metric sized, 3mm, but that translates to 1/8" for the barb, and then your RO tubing should be 1/4" so that's what you need as far as adapter.

One thing I did which may have been a little janky was use some of the tubing that was packaged with the pump cut a bit off to put on one end of the barb and then shoved that into 1/4" tubing and it seems to fit like a glove, and the other end directly into the pump tubing. Of course this was with standard clear 1/4" tubing, RO tubing tends to be more rigid so not sure if that would work.

Is there also a shutoff, reservoir, or accumulator in there somewhere? Given that kalk output lines occasionally clog and peristaltic tubes occasionally get holes I would be hesitant to hook an RO line directly to one.
When I ran kalk I had it on a solenoid from can elevated reservoir, but of course I didn’t have a great measure of flow rate.

I believe the Kamoer tubing they give you is metric sized, 3mm, but that translates to 1/8" for the barb, and then your RO tubing should be 1/4" so that's what you need as far as adapter.

One thing I did which may have been a little janky was use some of the tubing that was packaged with the pump cut a bit off to put on one end of the barb and then shoved that into 1/4" tubing and it seems to fit like a glove, and the other end directly into the pump tubing. Of course this was with standard clear 1/4" tubing, RO tubing tends to be more rigid so not sure if that would work.

Thanks! I will give this a try for sure.

Is there also a shutoff, reservoir, or accumulator in there somewhere? Given that kalk output lines occasionally clog and peristaltic tubes occasionally get holes I would be hesitant to hook an RO line directly to one.

The doser is just pulling RODI from resevoir then Pushing RODI into the reactor. The kalk just overflows out of the reactor ( in this case the "accumulator"?) and does not run through a line at all. I think that is what you are asking?

The doser is just pulling RODI from resevoir then Pushing RODI into the reactor. The kalk just overflows out of the reactor ( in this case the "accumulator"?) and does not run through a line at all. I think that is what you are asking?
Yes. I was concerned you were trying to connect a doser directly to an RO unit product line rather than a reservoir.

Avast Marine responded with the adapter needed and also have the piece in stock! Hope to receive it soon.

That's the same basic fitting that I suggested to you that would work.
correct but reducing. BRS also suggested the piece you show above. There was no way I could stretch the Kamoer tubing over that 1/4" barb. The avast barb is 3/16" which I think I should be able to stretch the tubing over.

I have a barb 3/16 x 5/32. The small end connects to kamoer x1 pump and the bigger end connects to dosing tubing.Not sure if this will work. I’m in Newark. You can have it.
3EF565FF-2AA3-4531-9E5B-8A0A38DBBB26.jpeg

I have a barb 3/16 x 5/32. The small end connects to kamoer x1 pump and the bigger end connects to dosing tubing.Not sure if this will work. I’m in Newark. You can have it.

I may take you up on this and appreciate the offer! I have some parts from Avast coming but still unsure if it will work. If they don't work, your piece may be able to help me step up into parts I already have on hand that could bridge the gap.
Thanks!
Pat

You need one of these transition connectors...

Robert, It looks like you cracked the code! I will try and get down there in the next few days. I also need salt, food and a lot more color for tank! It has been a while but I hear the shop is looking great. I wish I still worked in San Jose...

Back