Are you attending

• Yes

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
While nobody will know if you buy frags, this isn’t what we want. We are trying to encourage captive propagation, so let’s not encourage people to do this.
We want to exclude people who don't have enough corals yet to propogate themselves?

This would be my first swap with BAR so the first time I've seen this approach.

We want to exclude people who don't have enough corals yet to propogate themselves?

This would be my first swap with BAR so the first time I've seen this approach.
That is one way to look at it, but not how I see it. This is a free event that is a reward for all supporting members. We want to focus on corals that people are successfully growing and fragging themselves.
I’m sure any supporting members that are new enough that they don’t have frags to swap can show up and find things on the free table. It would also be a good time to meet people and receive dbtc corals.

I believe DBTC rules require established tanks with proven success with the specific kind of corals that are being fragged, so it's not a good time for new people to get DBTC frags.

I wasn't aware people bring free corals outside the swap frags. That's generous.

I won't encourage people to buy corals for swap entry. I have offered to donate corals I've grown but I won't be swapping this time.

Don't worry about it. I'll donate my entry frags for you, I won't participate.
There’s nothing wrong with giving the requisite frags for entry to another member, and then also having some for yourself to enter. I’ve done this several times. You should definitely participate.

And there are others of us happy to help out members who want to participate but don’t have the corals to enter. No member should feel like they can’t participate in the swap, especially new members.

We will be posting additional rules about what corals qualify, but besides updating the bonus/ultra coral list it should be the same as last swap.

There’s nothing wrong with giving the requisite frags for entry to another member, and then also having some for yourself to enter. I’ve done this several times. You should definitely participate.

And there are others of us happy to help out members who want to participate but don’t have the corals to enter. No member should feel like they can’t participate in the swap, especially new members.

We will be posting additional rules about what corals qualify, but besides updating the bonus/ultra coral list it should be the same as last swap.
I'm donating 6 frags to other members already.

I’m bringing probably 40 frags. It’s not about how many corals anybody brings, or wether someone has 3 corals to share or not. In my opinion BAR is in large part about sharing captively propagated corals. IF someone is going To buy 3 corals why not just buy 3 corals they actually want?

I’m bringing probably 40 frags. It’s not about how many corals anybody brings, or wether someone has 3 corals to share or not. In my opinion BAR is in large part about sharing captively propagated corals. IF someone is going To buy 3 corals why not just buy 3 corals they actually want?
Because it's a fun and exciting event to participate in and no member should be excluded because they don't have corals they want to part with. I remember my very first swap, I had maybe 5 frags and all corals that I really liked. If it wasn't for a local sponsor selling swap frag packs for a steep discount, I wouldn't have gone.

Reefers who bring 40 frags mean the people who can only afford to bring three get to go home with a lot more, often filling their tanks with wonderful and classic corals.

I believe DBTC rules require established tanks with proven success with the specific kind of corals that are being fragged, so it's not a good time for new people to get DBTC frags.

I wasn't aware people bring free corals outside the swap frags. That's generous.

I won't encourage people to buy corals for swap entry. I have offered to donate corals I've grown but I won't be swapping this time.
Dbtc recipients are up to the donors. Many chains ask for people to have success with certain types of corals, but many don’t. I often am willing to give people frags (and a chance) if they are willing to make a tank journal when there aren’t other people asking for the frags in a chain.

For those of us who simply don't have enough corals to frag anything and would like to attend and get more coral is that still possible or should we wait until we have coral to frag?

I lost everything in my 100g (heater malfunctioned) so I was thinking to buy 3 frags. If frags from your tank is a requisite (which I don’t see it in the rules), I’ll then either buy from someone or use the ones I recently bought in the CFM.
This frag event was key for me last year when I started with my tank and I really don’t want to miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost everything in my 100g (heater malfunctioned) so I was thinking to buy 3 frags. If frags from your tank is a requisite (which I don’t see it in the rules), I’ll then either buy from someone or use the ones I recently bought in the CFM.
This frag event was key for me last year when I started with my tank and I really don’t want to miss it.

I got you Juan. Message me a week before the event to remind me though. I'll have three there for you.

Esp at the member’s swap.
Members swap. A COMMUNITY EVENT where at least 3 supporting members are now dependent on other members donating frags to them so they can participate.

I think the priorities of this event have gotten mixed up somewhere and need to be reevaluated.

Members swap. A COMMUNITY EVENT where at least 3 supporting members are now dependent on other members donating frags to them so they can participate.

I think the priorities of this event have gotten mixed up somewhere and need to be reevaluated.

That’s great... Would rather have frags from other members than a LFS. If you have to get them from a store, so be it, just not preferred? I think the concern is where the members swap is/was generosity on top of generosity and someone buying their way in appears like they’re taking advantage of it. This along with some other stuff caused the founding crew to burn out.

Back