Our mission

3/20 Frag Swap - newbie frag request/donations here

IOnceWasLegend

Frag Swap Coordinator
BOD
Frag swaps are a great way to meet with people, put faces to names (and names to screen names) and, of course, get lots of coral - so, for people just getting into the hobby/getting back into it, sometimes they can use a helping hand. To try and streamline this, since lots of people request/offer in other threads, I'm making this centralized thread.

Post here if you have frags to offer people for the frag swap, or if you're requesting frags for entry. All we ask is that you pay it forward when you can and keep the generosity going.

In the frag swap rules it says to only bring the caliber of corals that you would like to receive. Does that mean ideally only medium end corals and up?

In the frag swap rules it says to only bring the caliber of corals that you would like to receive. Does that mean ideally only medium end corals and up?
Honestly, it just means bring coral that you would be happy receiving. There's a guide outlining some 'ineligible' coral (kenya tree, GSP, etc.) because they grow like weeds, but bring whatever you'd like to get. That could mean eagle eye zoas (which are dirt cheap but still one of my favorite zoas), hammers, mushrooms, whatever; as long as it's not done with the intent of, "Dumping this crappy coral on someone to get something better," I think you're good.

Plus, don't overthink it - we usually have a free-for-all at the very end because there's so much coral left. :)

Agree with @IOnceWasLegend. I find it helpful to think of it as “What would I like to contribute and share with my friends in the club?” Do not think of it as transactional, like you can’t take home more or better corals than what you were able to bring, or that people will be optimizing by bring the minimum and take the maximum, it’s not like that. Most of us with established systems bring a lot more than we take home, so the corollary of that is that most people with newer tanks take home a lot more than they bring to the swap.

Haven’t read it in awhile, but my memory serves that was the guidance on size of frag, not so much type.
There is a small
“Banned” list, that can be put on a free table. Other than that someone will want it. I’ve never seen corals left at the end. Never.

I only have a single frag to swap. Does anyone have an extra frag or two so that I could participate? I'm happy to pay for a libation of choice as thanks.

Want to give a big thank you to @H2OPlayar. I took him up on his offer yesterday afternoon. Easily one of the nicest people I've met in a while. I wish I had a pad and a pen with me.... too much for me to remember. Among numerous other things, I learned how to frag and have frags for the swap. Super stoked to meet you Playar and thanks again! Bring a cooler to the frag swap if you make it, I owe you. Also, I took a picture of the softie that popped a few frags off on it's own. Not sure what to call it or how to explain. Hopefully you can see the pic.
Your tanks are amazing!!!

Attachments

• IMG_9730.JPG
    IMG_9730.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_9725.JPG
    IMG_9725.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 143
Also, I took a picture of the softie that popped a few frags off on it's own. Not sure what to call it or how to explain. Hopefully you can see the pic.
Your tanks are amazing!!!
It is similar to a green nepthea, it may even be that.

It was great meeting you too, I'll remember a cooler for the swap! Thank you, it is always fun to get praise on my tanks and share what I have learned.

Back