Our mission

3/25/2023 BAR Frag Swap

Will you attend?

• Total voters
How about pandora palys? I got a big frag plug but it was growing underneath so I broke it up

Attachments

• C6D6F4EE-2633-4E40-A67A-7FB626584F72.jpeg
    C6D6F4EE-2633-4E40-A67A-7FB626584F72.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 79
If I remember correctly, there were something published prior to the last swap regarding items that got bonus draws? Does that list exist somewhere?

If I remember correctly, there were something published prior to the last swap regarding items that got bonus draws? Does that list exist somewhere?
Not this time, we didn't have the resources the review the list before, but we'll revisit next swap.

Question - Can I do a group buy at swap. Not clams this time but was thinking about a getting a box of coral and those who partcipate can buy a draw. LPS corals probably. Thoughts?
I discussed some more with Arnold- I’ll let him give more details here or in another thread- Basically it’s a fun (and optional) way for people to get some nice sight-unseen coral at wholesale prices. Arnold gets them from a wholesaler contact, people buy portions to cover the cost, get random draws, and can trade.

Arnold has organized similar group buys at prior events for clams, inverts, and corals. Not BAR sponsored specifically, but available to BAR members at the event.

It sounds like something worth doing/offering to me. Appreciate Arnold thinking of us and organizing.

I'd be interested in a group buy. I get stuck looking at the same thing and then look at my tank and see....the same thing. Best experience I've ever had was in from a tank break-down. Picked up a fun bunch and really changed my tank in ways I just hadn't thought of. So, I'm in @Apon

I'd be interested in a group buy. I get stuck looking at the same thing and then look at my tank and see....the same thing. Best experience I've ever had was in from a tank break-down. Picked up a fun bunch and really changed my tank in ways I just hadn't thought of. So, I'm in @Apon
I'd be interested too

thanks for the invite. ill try to stop by and hang out. any special requests what i should bring as in sps to donate for the table or individuals? is my tsa the fuzz still avail at high tides?
As far as I know your The Fuzz is still there at HTA, awaiting your instructions. Maybe Kenny has done something.

I’d like to make a DBTC out of it for the club and could bring some frags of it to the swap, if you authorize it. I’m not going to do anything with it without you saying that’s what you want.

Dumb question: can I bring a fish as a ‘coral’? No one seems to want my blue tang…
It wouldn’t count as a coral in the sense of counting towards the 3 corals to enter, but a few of us are bringing lots of extra frags so that’s not a big deal.

I’m sure someone would take it from the freebie table but probably better to arrange who you will give it to ahead of time. Since you’re talking about it being free rather than for sale, maybe repost in Pay It Forward and say you can bring it to the swap. @Arvin R said he wanted it but I don’t know if he’s going to the swap.

Hi! I don’t have any frags to swap yet (my tank is only about a year old) but I’d love to help out in any way I can and meet some people. @Apon offered to give me and my partner a ride to the event. Looking forward to learning more about the hobby.

Back