Kessil

3/4" solniod

Or solar! :cool:
No, really.
Our lights put out a ton of energy. If the attachment clip had a tiny solar panel, it might work.
I’m sure it would. In my classroom we have done electrolysis in little hydrogen fuel cells using solar cells under Kessils. That IS weird we don’t see equipment using our lights. It’s also DC current.

I’m sure it would. In my classroom we have done electrolysis in little hydrogen fuel cells using solar cells under Kessils. That IS weird we don’t see equipment using our lights. It’s also DC current.
Possibly because a lot of probes go in the sump, which may be unlit.

But my guess : Cost and design effort.
Adding a solar cell, rechargeable batter, BLE chip, and so on would add a lot to each probe.
And from what I have seen, most controller companies are not hard core electronic design houses.

How many people would really pay extra for that?

Possibly because a lot of probes go in the sump, which may be unlit.

But my guess : Cost and design effort.
Adding a solar cell, rechargeable batter, BLE chip, and so on would add a lot to each probe.
And from what I have seen, most controller companies are not hard core electronic design houses.

How many people would really pay extra for that?
There is in between.
Ble chip and its bom is like 2$.
These modules are being sold for 100$ what's inside a module is tiny conteoller and simple bom wrapped with cheap plastic. I think it can handle the ble chip additional cost for sure.
Then power up with coin cell and keep the usb option of user want it.

Also there are 2 connections we are talking about,
Keep the module and prob connected via wire, at least remove module and controller connection to wireless. This is rather simple addition.

If you want to go the distance do the same on probs and sensora.
probs same is applied and add a bit more margin on the wireless enabled prob compared to normal one..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back