Jestersix

3D printed Roller Filter

MikiCab

Supporting Member
My prototype 3d Printed roller filter. still a work in progress. Once I get the design to my liking I will add a motor with a timer.

filter 2.jpg
filter 1.jpg
filter 3.jpg

Nice! I built one of these two, derived from plans I found online. The electronics you can pretty straightforwardly automate with two water level sensors, a cheap motor, and a DC plug. I can dig up the links later, but if you go on yeggi.com and search you'd find the original.

The electronics is simply:

• 1 water level sensor inside the filter area, setup so when the water level rises it's _on_, triggering the motor
  • 1 water level sensor outside the filter area, inverted, so that when the water level outside rises the circuit is _off_. This makes sure if you turn your normal pumps off and the sump water level rises, your roller doesn't spin infinitely
  • 1 12V high torque DC motor to spin the filter
  • 1 12V DC power plug to run everything
  • 1 DC jack so you can plug things together
You then wire all of them together in series. Very dump circuit that does exactly what you need.

Nice! I built one of these two, derived from plans I found online. The electronics you can pretty straightforwardly automate with two water level sensors, a cheap motor, and a DC plug. I can dig up the links later, but if you go on yeggi.com and search you'd find the original.

The electronics is simply:

• 1 water level sensor inside the filter area, setup so when the water level rises it's _on_, triggering the motor
  • 1 water level sensor outside the filter area, inverted, so that when the water level outside rises the circuit is _off_. This makes sure if you turn your normal pumps off and the sump water level rises, your roller doesn't spin infinitely
  • 1 12V high torque DC motor to spin the filter
  • 1 12V DC power plug to run everything
  • 1 DC jack so you can plug things together
You then wire all of them together in series. Very dump circuit that does exactly what you need.
I have been all over Yeggi and got my ideas from there. I already setup two ATO's with Level Sensors and relays so I know the wiring. I think I am going to try to set this up with a Timer instead of a level sensor. I think it will be good enough with a timer and an overflow. I already got sensors and relays left over since I bought a bunch of them. I looked at the cost of these roller filters and I thought I could print one just as good or even better. Once I get my design finished I will post it on Printables by Prusa.
Thanks for commenting.

Back