got ethical husbandry?

3d printed UV filter

I was looking for something small to fit existing 13watt UV bulb into tiny space in my sump and having 3d printer I can’t spend couple hundred bucks on plastic enclosure - just designed and printed my own with PETG filament - even if it will survive a year its enough - I connected it to small pump and left in the sump for algae control:

134d10a0eb3d0244af7a7e6036d0104a.jpg

ae5a0ee8008afe158b09780918827806.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We should have 3D print section in this forum.. where BAR members can showcase, buy, and request 3D prints. They're such a big part of the DIY culture now anyways. For example, i would totally buy Eugene's print if ever he decides to start selling it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

We should have 3D print section in this forum.. where BAR members can showcase, buy, and request 3D prints. They're such a big part of the DIY culture now anyways. For example, i would totally buy Eugene's print if ever he decides to start selling it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I'm def not a commercial shop and can share design with everyone or print couple things for our members.
This one take coral sleeve with bulb from AquaTop filter - https://www.aquatop.com/collections...l-filter-w-uv-sterilization-sp13uv-13w-395gph

Reactions: JVU
I think a 3d print section is a nice idea, while not everyone has a 3d printer, and those that do probably don't have the capacity to just crank out for others en mas, it could be a nice place to swap ideas, files, and who knows maybe hey I need this tiny little thing "sure I can print that for $5 :D" Basically a very specialized version of DIY, perhaps a subforum of DIY?

Eugene your build looks great, very professional!

I agree it could be fun and useful to have a 3D print sub forum. Or it could remain in the DIY sub forum like this post is, and if it gets enough momentum to have its own sub forum, then make one later. Either way I would envision it being a place to share ideas and projects, with buying and selling still done on the Buy/Sell/Trade sub forum.

I have more 3d-printed tech - the more interesting is esp8266-based fish feeder - my first version is kinda rough but works for more than a year without problem. It connects to cloud and has cell phone UI based on blynk.io. I took the original from thingiverse and re-designed it for esp8266 and power socket.
Than I did a second version from scratch - this works the same but I control all drawings. So far I connect it to HomeAssitant and it can be controlled from any available UIs or APIs. This one is 90% done but need some final touches on software side.

Reactions: JVU
I have more 3d-printed tech - the more interesting is esp8266-based fish feeder - my first version is kinda rough but works for more than a year without problem. It connects to cloud and has cell phone UI based on blynk.io. I took the original from thingiverse and re-designed it for esp8266 and power socket.
Than I did a second version from scratch - this works the same but I control all drawings. So far I connect it to HomeAssitant and it can be controlled from any available UIs or APIs. This one is 90% done but need some final touches on software side.
Sounds cool and worth making a new thread

Back