Cali Kid Corals

A new DBTC system

I came up with a name for this thing:

BARcode

For BAR COral DatabasE.

Also, I realized that you’ll be able to easily keep track of your own corals with it - because you can add them and never make frags available. That keeps them out of DBTC - they stay in your own collection.
+1 for both ideas!

Man - you are tempting me to dust off my node skills, but with a newborn at home I won't win any fans debugging code ;-).

If you need user testing, happy to install the app and try it out though.

Thanks for doing this!
With a newborn that means you can take the night shift of debugging, and the 3 am shift, and the 5am shift.... And...

I started out hard coding html but it’s been a while.

I’ve been thinking, if this goes well, nearly every local club has their version of DBTC and have the same hurdles that they have to overcome. At some point it may be beneficial to release it as a full blown product.

Ooh. Good one!
ntflxfrg.jpg

:) I didnt have the time to try to turn "netflix" into "BARCode"

I started out hard coding html but it’s been a while.

I’ve been thinking, if this goes well, nearly every local club has their version of DBTC and have the same hurdles that they have to overcome. At some point it may be beneficial to release it as a full blown product.
Is that true that many clubs have a version of dbtc?

Not only DBTC, but coral lineage in general. A lot of people care about the lineage of their high end pieces, so a tool like this could be extremely useful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that true that many clubs have a version of dbtc?
I guess my sample size is quite small but 100% of the local clubs I’m part of (this one and the Colorado one I’m part of) do it. If there was a product out there specifically for it, it might be implemented in clubs that currently don’t offer it too.

Here's a task that I could use some help with:

I need 4 placeholder images for the four types of things we have in DBTC: SPS, LPS, Softie and Other. They should be subdued - maybe just black and white, or gray. Maybe line drawings. I looked online but could not find anything that I liked and was free.

They will be used when no one has uploaded a picture of the piece.

Maybe the attached files could help with a feature somewhere down the line. Or for anyone just interested in them.

The attached are tables of SPS, LPS, softies, polyps, and zoas with:
  • scientific name and common name
  • light, current, food requirements
  • aggression
  • difficulty, and
  • notes
I picked-up the PDF from a site sometime ago. Wish I had the source referenced. I parsed the data from the PDF to a spreadsheet thinking it might make for a fun project. Haven't gotten around to it.

Attachments

• Coral Chart.pdf
    105.9 KB · Views: 226
  • Corals.xlsx
    18.5 KB · Views: 217
Back