Jestersix

Accidentally ran hot water through RODI

Whelp, I moved to my place in Sacramento and accidentally ran the hottest water possible through my RODI for about 20-30 min. I am pretty sure the membrane is melted because I made water a few days later and it filled way too fast. My question is did the hot water damage any of the other media? Should I replace it all to be safe? Its a 6 stage from BRS that has a build in TSD meter which still reads 0ppm output post hot water disaster.

I didn't originally realize what I'd done and went through with making salt water so now I have a massive bloom of algae. The tank has been lights off and covered for the last 24 hours so hopefully a vacuum and 90% water change will clear that up.

Also I’d do that 90% water change asap today, not wait for new membranes or whatever. The chloramine in the tap water is way more dangerous than just feeding algae.

Maybe add a little Prime if you have it to buy some time.

Also I’d do that 90% water change asap today, not wait for new membranes or whatever. The chloramine in the tap water is way more dangerous than just feeding algae.

Maybe add a little Prime if you have it to buy some time.
Thanks, John. I've got extra membranes and resins so I may as well switch everything out for today's water change & hold onto the hot water resins till I can talk to BRS.

I started my MSPAS + MPH so my free time has been nonexistent. It was torturous to have realized the problem but not be able to get to the water change but thankfully I do have Prime on hand I've added.

Reactions: JVU
Back