High Tide Aquatics

AllYouCanReef RS250aio

So kind of sad update but some good. So R.I.P. to my algae blenny. I got him some time in March. Kind of my fault and not, I tried my best to feed it other foods like algae wafers and seaweed on a clip. And it didn’t touch it. It would constantly be munching on the rocks with hair algae but slowly it got skinnier.

I had a kind of a bad hair algae issue so I bought 3 turbo snails (April 21). I knew they would be good because when I put them in they went after thickkkk hair tuff parts of algae my trouchus snails never touch. They knocked down 2 frags in the first day, they are huge/ like bulldozers. Then after a day they went into this like hibernation and didn’t do anything for a week. Only to wake and eat all hair algae in sight knocking down a few frags in the process. In 1 month my tank is algae free like 90%.

Currently going to give the 3 turbos and a Pithos crab to my cousin because I don’t want any inverts to starve. And don’t want to upset balance by trying to feed more.

You can see the hair algae in my previous tank posts as well. Here’s some before and after shots basically 1month apart:

5BA2048F-CB07-441C-A651-9D2109F4D8D3.jpeg
FA38F5CD-9FBF-4080-87A6-93C2F6B2DCC3.jpeg

Last edited:
FRAGSWAP update!
8098ADEF-5B23-4383-B26C-B2F7E1FBB763.jpeg
Framer from @Krustykrab super generous, had like 7+ heads! Love the coloration.
345BBB0C-FE6A-4713-AC58-6C5EF9CF754A.jpeg

These nice red Zoas where labeled “CE Zoas” nothing more. (Help in ID would be nice?)
9D58FBCA-7AE3-46AB-86E0-CF78DE441162.jpeg

Lastly this super awesome @DaddyHook Sunkist mushroom!! Super lucky to have been able to pick this one up!

I would post all the frags I got but don’t want to bore everyone with a long post.

FRAGSWAP update!
View attachment 57197Framer from @Krustykrab super generous, had like 7+ heads! Love the coloration.
View attachment 57198
These nice red Zoas where labeled “CE Zoas” nothing more. (Help in ID would be nice?)
View attachment 57199
Lastly this super awesome @DaddyHook Sunkist mushroom!! Super lucky to have been able to pick this one up!

I would post all the frags I got but don’t want to bore everyone with a long post.
Timing was right LOL. Teeball game went a little longer than expected. Showed up an hour late. Missed a few rounds in the beginning. Wonder who grabbed the second one.

Timing was right LOL. Teeball game went a little longer than expected. Showed up an hour late. Missed a few rounds in the beginning. Wonder who grabbed the second one.
The universe had amazing timing lol I’m surprised more tank journals weren’t updated with such awesome stuff that was out there.

Red People Eaters
Thank you! Googled them and that’s exactly what they look like.

FRAGSWAP update!
View attachment 57197Framer from @Krustykrab super generous, had like 7+ heads! Love the coloration.
View attachment 57198
View attachment 57199

I think mine is bubblier but yours is definitely larger. Mine is the size of a thumbnail

For getting more bounce: Try putting it under med-high blue LED lighting instead of the typical lower lighting for shrooms (don’t nuke it though)

I think mine is bubblier but yours is definitely larger. Mine is the size of a thumbnail

For getting more bounce: Try putting it under med-high blue LED lighting instead of the typical lower lighting for shrooms (don’t nuke it though)
yeah they both awesome mushrooms for sure. I actually have been debating raising my Blue spectrum lights up this next month. Will raise par a bit and make the tank more blue. Thanks for the tip.

Back