Kessil

an offering for DBTC contributors only-Calfo pulsing sinularia frag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Con!
You'll like it. It goes through a very interesting cycle of compacting and retracting all it's polyps and doing a slime shed, much like a toadstool or leather. It may be placed close to other non-stinging corals and has a great texture and mauve to pink color. I'll snip an arm and attempt to mount it to a plug for you unless you prefer it non-mounted. Want it at the Oct. BAR meeting?

Wish my tank was stable, I was looking around for one of these earlier this year when everything was fine. Gonna wait it out a little while longer before adding anything.

screebo said:
Hey Con!
You'll like it. It goes through a very interesting cycle of compacting and retracting all it's polyps and doing a slime shed, much like a toadstool or leather. It may be placed close to other non-stinging corals and has a great texture and mauve to pink color. I'll snip an arm and attempt to mount it to a plug for you unless you prefer it non-mounted. Want it at the Oct. BAR meeting?

Sweeeeet! Thanks John. PM coming :)

Good to see you, Con. Let me know if you are able to see any animal induced pulsing. My currents move the polyps enough that I'm still doing a study to determine if any of the pulsing is animal induced.

BAR members: The mother colony is growing in leaps and bounds so this would be a great time to send out some more frags. This softy is pretty tough and takes well to IC gel glue. I'll snip them and you can mount them and put a piece of reef history into your tank. I'll bring as many as are requested to the BAR meeting next Saturday. :)

Here's current shots of the two mother colonys. One showing recent amputation sites, yet fully extending it's polyps. (Told you it was tough) Second shot is mutha colony 2 in it's retracted phase of the cycle. Third shot is just a show-off of Mr. Lyre Tail Anthias. One of two survivors of 5 original juveniles from Ultimate Aquarium. Very hyper fish but not into jumping like "Squirt" the Lineateus Fairy Butt Head.
P1010257.jpg

P1010254.jpg

P1010253.jpg

Hey guys, I got two frags of this available if anyone else wants some.

Great beginner coral. When I originally received this frag, I got interrupted by something and ended up leaving him out for several hours, *dry* on my work bench. I came back, realized my mistake and immediately dumped him into my tank. Looked crappy for a week, then started growing again. Now he's a pretty decent sized colony. :)

Eight said:

Great beginner coral. When I originally received this frag, I got interrupted by something and ended up leaving him out for several hours, *dry* on my work bench. I came back, realized my mistake and immediately dumped him into my tank. Looked crappy for a week, then started growing again. Now he's a pretty decent sized colony. :)
Speaking of reanimation: Salt water creatures are an interesting mix of delicate to incredibly resilient. I've had barred surf perch in my creel and found myself thinking that I really wished I'd released this one. After an hour in the creel, I've felt a sudden awakening and found that I was able to carefully re acclimate the guy in the surf and watch it swim away. Not my usual practice but I've also had fresh water fish do the same thing. Black bass are especially capable of being out of the water for a period of time and still revive with a little help back in the water. My usual practice is to catch and release all species immediately unless I plan to eat them "right away", just so you know.

screebo said:
Eight said:

Speaking of reanimation: Salt water creatures are an interesting mix of delicate to incredibly resilient. I've had barred surf perch in my creel and found myself thinking that I really wished I'd released this one. After an hour in the creel, I've felt a sudden awakening and found that I was able to carefully re acclimate the guy in the surf and watch it swim away. Not my usual practice but I've also had fresh water fish do the same thing. Black bass are especially capable of being out of the water for a period of time and still revive with a little help back in the water. My usual practice is to catch and release all species immediately unless I plan to eat them "right away", just so you know.

Wait wait wait... You fish? :D

99sf said:
Thanks John for the mini-colony. It is really cool and I hope it grows as fast in my tank as it did in yours!
You're very welcome. I'm sure it will flurish once it settles down a little. It may take a day or two to begin it's normal expand/shrinking cycle. It's fun to watch the different phases of the cycle. BTW I'm very glad we are fellow hobbiests and have become friends! You are extra special!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back