got ethical husbandry?

an offering for DBTC contributors only-Calfo pulsing sinularia frag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoooooa.........Good news, I have many prospective frags of this special softie. If you want one, just plan a visit to San Carlos, bring a zoa, shroom, blasto or cyphastrea to share if you can and take home a snip of one of our most famous softies going back to 2007 when Anthony Calfo hand carried a frag of this from some far away place. My colony is about the size of a volley ball so I've got plenty to share.

ONE available for pickup at swap/SF. I had 2 but I guess one detached or fell behind my rocks. Very difficult and a PITA to get attached to a plug. This frag has been fully attached for about 3 months, maybe more. Small, but it's attached and will grow out nicely.

Main colony took off and now is about the size of a softball. Wish I had known this would happen so I could have fragged a larger piece initially. ALSO - Super neat: I saw the colony pulsing for the first time ever. No idea what made it happen but I definitely saw it pulsing...Almost like a snapping movement much faster than xenia. Thinking about it - Could have been phyto/marine snow or whatever it was I fed recently.

I have a mother colony that pulses like a son-of-a-gun that I'd be glad to share. Not just little pieces, I need to give away two or three the size of oranges! Let me know if you wish to visit San Carlos and I'll do a major trim...........

Hey Gus,
Sounds good. I'll expect you around noon or so and we'll carve that mutha up. Hope all is well with you!
Can anyone offer up any cautions regarding in tank surgery of the sinularia affecting any of my other coral?

Thanks,

Glad this got so well established. Like any sinularia I'd assume and prepare for a generous release of toxins from in-tank fragging. It used to piss off my other softies when I would frag it in-tank. I always had the best success mounting this species using a 'rock sandwich' with rubber bands (fit coral into a groove just tight enough to keep it in place at fully deflated size). And I think I'd like to write this up for RHM so if people have, or could take, good pics they'd be willing to let me publish please let me know. Thx
jim@rhmag.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back