got ethical husbandry?

And you thought that reefing is an expensive hobby....

I haven't posted that much in the forums and have been lurking every now and then. My tank doesn't get the love it use to get and I haven't surfed since last year. My new hobby of flying has taken over. I've always wanted to fly since I was a kid and I finally took it up. :)

Some videos below:

[youtube]rhtOX58BslM[/youtube]

[youtube]hpthSFLa6qI[/youtube]

lattehiatus said:
Such diverse interests... The videos are awesome! Why do I get the feeling that you will be the first BAR member in space? ;)

A little off topic, but I was listening to the rooster teeth podcast, and they had initially been talking about a game called civilization, where the last part of the game is entering space. They then somehow they started talking about saltwater aquariums. One of the guys had some insight: "Saltwater fish tanks are like the level before space in civilization, you haven't accumulated enough wealth to get into space, so you get a saltwater tank instead."

Maybe John is on the right path.

Damn, John. That is cool.
I was about to purchase this flying lessons deal from Groupon last year, but I couldn't find any of my friends that want to partake in this. They think I am nuts =P

screebo said:
Welcome to the club! Earned my PPL when I was in AFROTC at SJ State. USAF paid for it and I haven't been flying since. (1975)

Whoa John, didn't know you had a PPL. How come your not flying anymore? KSQL is like 5 minutes from you! :D My CFI told me I'm a few lessons away from soloing. :)

jellygeee said:
I was about to purchase this flying lessons deal from Groupon last year, but I couldn't find any of my friends that want to partake in this. They think I am nuts =P

Rudy, those Groupon deals are still a lil pricy. And only 1 person gets to fly. Check out Diamond Aviation in San Carlos for a good deal on intro flight. It's only 30 minutes though but you get full control of the plane.

sfboarders said:
jellygeee said:

Rudy, those Groupon deals are still a lil pricy. And only 1 person gets to fly. Check out Diamond Aviation in San Carlos for a good deal on intro flight. It's only 30 minutes though but you get full control of the plane.

Thanks for the info, John. My work place is one exit away from Holly street (San Carlos airport), so I will check this out.
Not sure if they will want me to control the plane for 30 mins. =P

Kensington Reefer said:
Have you considered it?

As a student pilot I can't fly with passengers. Private pilots cannot accept compensation. A commercial pilot can fly for hire. Also, you'd need a plane that can handle the load of the corals, fuel, and passengers on board. All I fly are lil cessna's. :bigsmile: Maybe in a few years I'd do a coral run for you guys. ;)

scuba71 said:
That's pretty cool John. How many hours have you put in so far?

I still have a ways to go. Only 10.3 hours. The weather hasn't been cooperating the past few months. Hopefully the weather will be better and I can fly later with DST. :)

So your the one me and my son are watching from the Burger King parking lot.:)
I love watching the touch and goes. When the wind is blowing that cross wind looks fun/scary.
Watched a show on Steve Fossett they talked about Sierra Mountain Range wind wave , pretty crazy stuff.
Always like seeing people live their dreams.

Back