Our mission

Anna & Pablo’s RSR P650

Such a pretty sight.

bd44401fdfac11454ad863e6b8475022.jpg

FTS. Tank is 5 months old today.

bd06c40e613d54a1705cd50cf44f68ef.jpg

Managed to get all 9 fish in the shot!

Last edited:
LA Lakers monti and green slimer seem to be doing well but the forest fire digi has almost no PE - even though its colors look amazing to me. It’s in about 250 PAR. Is that too much? Any other suggestions?

b90b38b7104a04e2e1e610a33588a201.jpg

You can try to move it up to 300 zone, I have mine at 350

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thinking about removing the filter socks. I don’t clean them as often as I should and they don’t trap anything other than brown slime - the same stuff I clean off the glass once a week. Plus, there’s a giant mass of Chaeto downstream that is full of critters. Nitrate has been 25 ppm and phosphate 0.1 ppm for four months. Cyano was killed by a 3 day black out and has not come back at all. All corals and fish doing well.

Any reason to keep the socks?

Thinking about removing the filter socks. I don’t clean them as often as I should and they don’t trap anything other than brown slime - the same stuff I clean off the glass once a week. Plus, there’s a giant mass of Chaeto downstream that is full of critters. Nitrate has been 25 ppm and phosphate 0.1 ppm for four months. Cyano was killed by a 3 day black out and has not come back at all. All corals and fish doing well.

Any reason to keep the socks?

I haven’t used socks or filter floss in at least 3.5 years. Then again, my bioload is probably considered low compared to most others.

Here’s a birds nest colony I bought from @hyacinth exactly 4 months ago:

0bc0f89565080b6a3ad89ab9dc2cd63b.jpg

And now:

e3df18be14147b87d92e0525632eb0f1.jpg
Interesting how it has such a different growth pattern and is more prone to branch in your tank by the looks of it. So many differences being in two different systems but I wonder what caused those changes. I know he had a pretty high alk due to the carX so maybe lower alk led to more new tips? Or par difference, or however many other things

Interesting how it has such a different growth pattern and is more prone to branch in your tank by the looks of it. So many differences being in two different systems but I wonder what caused those changes. I know he had a pretty high alk due to the carX so maybe lower alk led to more new tips? Or par difference, or however many other things

Yes it is. I noticed early on that it was developing points everywhere. And the existing branches fused and grew thicker - like it’s establishing a new base to extend thinner branches.

Added a power head to the sump to stir things up a bit. There was Cyano and other nasties growing in the skimmer section. Used a Neptune WAV, which I think is underestimated. Not overly expensive and a single cable that plugs directly into the Apex without taking up an outlet. Plus, the magnet is thin enough to fit within the space constraints of the cabinet.

Also got two hydra 26s that will replace the two center primes to increase PAR. Planning for a couple more Acros since my green slimer and the BC acros are doing well.

Given that I have two large, aggressive wrasses (Tusk and Bird) how would a small, peaceful Yellow Wrasse do in my tank? Would the big ones leave it alone since it’s not a threat?

In the last month, nitrate has held steady at 25 ppm but phosphate has dropped from 0.1 to 0.02. The only change I can point to is that I increased the intensity of the fuge light from 80% to 90% for the last month. Chaeto has been growing very well.

So, what do I do now? Should I harvest some of it? I don’t want to get to zero phosphate. Feed more?

Decrease the fuge light cycle?

Back