Kessil

Another barcode question

Maybe should get one big question topic so this doesn't flood over?

Either way, what triggers reminder posts on various corals? Is it just randomized? Am I literally the only person who hasn't posted a picture of their coral in the DBTCs I'm still part of? Or is it trigger by some other user in some way?

Just wondering if this is randomized nagging, or targeted nagging.

See the highlighted part of the code. It shuffles the users list and then searches for a DBTC coral that is alive and doesn’t have a picture. It may be hitting you more frequently if you don’t have any pictures but have multiple DBTC?
BB8D2489-1774-4C34-9294-5A3C1161A226.jpeg

That’s right. Every weekday at 9 am it picks one random user that is involved in a DBTC thread and either has no journal update in >= 6 months or a frag with no picture. It’s definitely personal ;)

Maybe should get one big question topic so this doesn't flood over?

Either way, what triggers reminder posts on various corals? Is it just randomized? Am I literally the only person who hasn't posted a picture of their coral in the DBTCs I'm still part of? Or is it trigger by some other user in some way?

Just wondering if this is randomized nagging, or targeted nagging.
The more personal you take it the better :)

I'm not going to make another thread, but I'm definitely having an "Ok, boomer" level of frustration with barcode here. I managed to change the available number of frags, but every place it says to add a picture it won't let me do anything. Any advice? A video tutorial?

I'm not going to make another thread, but I'm definitely having an "Ok, boomer" level of frustration with barcode here. I managed to change the available number of frags, but every place it says to add a picture it won't let me do anything. Any advice? A video tutorial?

I’m here to help, boomer :)

Are you on a phone or computer? You should be able to click in the picture thingy to bring up a dialog to choose a file. On the phone it can be a little more complicated because of permissions.

I’m happy to get on Zoom with anyone that is having difficulties using it. It might help me learn whether the UI needs improvement.

I'm using a computer.

So what is the "picture thingy", I clicked on the camera looking icon (see attached), and nothing. If I go to the pencil icon under the 3 dots, everything except the date acquired is greyed out and won't let me change anything.

Attachments

• Barcode.jpg
    Barcode.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 175
To change the “cover picture” you make a journal update. Find this one and choose a file then tick the box. You can also add notes and then hit the submit button.

e2966c4c705a3770251837b5220e4f4f.png

Ok got it. Just doesn't seem very intuitive to how it is supposed to work, as I was focused on the camera icon because I wanted to add a picture. Maybe a short youtube video explaining what everything does is in order... or I truly am the boomer here and no one else is having issues.

Also is there a way to unRIP something, I don't remember RIPing it but I see one is RIP'd

There’s a feeble attempt at some documentation here:

I agree that the little icons are not ideal. I bitched about a similar layout with Apex Fusion - tons of icons with no explanation. I found it infuriating. But...it’s really hard to cram all these features into a small space - especially since most people are using it with tiny phone screens.

You cannot unrip an item. It was probably marked as dead when someone imported the thread.

You can see what happened in the journal tab - with the combined journal ticked. Looks like Mike imported this one:

b9934e2eabc5c56e0bed0035e5dd0c35.jpg

Hmm, ok, well guess it's rip'd then.

Sorry about not seeing that "feeble attempt" I was looking in the subform "DBTC Info and Discussion" which is where I saw questions about it. We'll try to "unfeeble" that documentation in the future. Maybe import pictures into it of each of the icons so at least there's some "hey I've seen that picture before" type of response.

And yeah I see that it was marked RIP in October, not sure why.

Hmm, ok, well guess it's rip'd then.

Sorry about not seeing that "feeble attempt" I was looking in the subform "DBTC Info and Discussion" which is where I saw questions about it. We'll try to "unfeeble" that documentation in the future. Maybe import pictures into it of each of the icons so at least there's some "hey I've seen that picture before" type of response.

And yeah I see that it was marked RIP in October, not sure why.
I thought you said it was gone.

The date is arbitrary. It only lets you do actions for people in posts by those people or when they are mentioned by their handle.
that was probably the last time you posted in the thread hence that’s the date I used.
when you were breaking down I asked about these and you said they were not doing well. Didn’t realize you kept anything at the time I imported this thread. I can always go back and “give you” another frag.

Back