Cali Kid Corals

Another rant on testing

As one more anecdotal report, I was having a lot of issues getting N&P to consistently measurable levels, despite 9x a day feedings from my avast of reef jerky (60 sec each feeding). Main negative was SPS looking pretty bleached and one chalice in particular starting to have tight skin. I started dosing N a couple weeks ago to simplify my life and give more control.

I had to crank up the N adding because it still was barely measurable, but things started looking better. I am lazy so I didn't measure levels really since starting, and was eye-balling.

Today I measured again and my N definitely has increased... all the way to 65. :) However things look healthier then they ever have, and are growing as fast or faster than ever. Including major polyp extension on sps. P is 0.08 at the moment.

I don't say this as a don't measure vote, since certainly measuring occasionally matters in my case, but specific numbers seem pretty meh if you're keeping salinity and temp stable in reasonable ranges and stable, in my experience.

Visual for reference

PXL_20240925_171600975 (1).jpg

Back