Our mission

Anyone buy corals from Coralicious Frags?

I am in no way trying to knock them because they are really fun to talk to and have great deals.

But I bought a homewrecker and an inferno milli from them over a year ago and both have not grown hardly at all or colored up.

im sure it could be me, but curious if anyone else has had issues with their stuff.

also, what can I do to color them up? Anyone get a homewrecker to color up nicely?

I have a homewrecker and it really didn't do much for alomost 6 months or more. But, it is starting to show colors now and sprouting new limbs. Just give it time.

A years growth
2AD547B0-6BE7-4E5F-9B15-99D256034F52.jpeg
37571B76-3EAD-4250-82A3-92C6F350E3B6.jpeg

I mean it's growing isn't it?

I thought these were typically slow growers, I know my Walt Disney hasn't grown much in 6 months.. but then again I think I bleached it out a bit so it's kind of recovering even though many say keep it in very high PAR.

My Disney, and rr the vinh are starting to really take off with growth. The vinh has taken 2 years to color up and grow, JT that was definitely my fault. I didn’t give it enough light and flow and it browned out. Took 1.5 years to recover.

So maybe it’ll take that long with these. We shall see.

I mean it's growing isn't it?

I thought these were typically slow growers, I know my Walt Disney hasn't grown much in 6 months.. but then again I think I bleached it out a bit so it's kind of recovering even though many say keep it in very high PAR.
i keep mine in medium PAR near bottom of my tank... grows fast

When you buy any designer frag with out knowing the species and growth form you are taking a big chance with your hard earn money. Here is an analogy, in fresh water aquarium some plants look exactly alike but it's a totally different species with different growth rate particular mosses. All mosses grow at different rate and forms. I would bet there are different vendors selling different species of Acropora Homewrecker, Walt Disney, and others because Acropora corals are very difficult to identify unlike LPS which you have a greater chance to ID the species correctly. I always try to buy my expensive Acropora frags, after seeing the parent colony. That way I know what to expect. Believe me, I been burned just like most of you in the past buying designer Acropora frags.

That's what one guy at the CFM was trying to do to me, bringing up pictures of what the mother colonies look like because the frags in his bin didn't look as cool as the mother colony. And I'm thinking to myself, seriously? who knows what sort of camera trickery/filters/etc was used on the picture. That said my Walt Disney frag was I think $20, it was a tiny nub of a frag (although when I see vendors say 3/4" to 1" frags I wasn't far off). As a result I'm not going to be terribly upset if it turns out to be a dud.

Back