High Tide Aquatics

Anyone know what this worm is?

Hi folks,

I just started up a 12g JBC Nano tank in August. I don't have much in it yet just a few zooanthids and a couple of mushrooms..oh and a hitchhiker ball anenome. We've spent a lot of time in front of the tank with magnifying glasses to try and see anything that moves!! LOL It's really awesome watching the tank mature and we find something new everyday. Which prompted this post... I saw this worm (pic attached) the other day and am curious about it. Is it good/bad/ugly or is it just another cool inhabitant? It's about two inches long and thread like thin. It can move very quickly at times but most just cruises the rock looking for goodies. I've included two pictures on cropped and the other regular size so you can get a better idea of the size. Thanks for any help!!

Thanks,
Mike

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/018.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/Banded Worm.JPG

It was the 'cruising the rock' comment that caused me to think it has two ends and moves. My stars have never cruised. They wave lighters, I mean cell phones, in the air like they are at a concert.

Hi Bryan,
Thanks for your response.. It's diffently a worm as I've seen it moving about the rocks and disappearing into holes. Cool looking critter though.

Mike

Oh snap... I finally get to use my new book that I left at home :( I've seen that worm before :)

Back