Cali Kid Corals

Anyone Up for Lazy Bear This Saturday, Sep. 7th?

lattehiatus

Past President
Need to give up a reservation for 2 persons at Lazy Bear in SF this Saturday. Since it's one of those reservations available only through a lottery system, just wanted to check if any BAR foodies are interested in taking these before they are returned to the restaurant.

Saturday, 9/7, at 7:30
Menu: http://www.lazybearsf.com/files/20130906/20130906_-_menu.jpg
Cost: $120/person ($115 + $5 eventbrite fee; includes tax & tip)
BYOB - you bring the booze, they provide the glasses, no corkage
Expect a 3-hour meal

That has to be one the most tortured and overly complex menus I have ever seen. That chef is trying too hard to be impressive/different (e.g. Spot prawns... one of the most delicate and subtle of seafoods ground into a sausage? What a waste. Arrrrgh!!!)

I will concede that the passion fruit/black sesame cheesecake has real possibility.. but it also prolly another chef.

-Gregory

Never heard of this. Have to investigate
My wife found a taker for the reservation - sorry if you were thinking of going, Steve. I might be able help you get reservations there for another day. :)

That has to be one the most tortured and overly complex menus I have ever seen. That chef is trying too hard to be impressive/different (e.g. Spot prawns... one of the most delicate and subtle of seafoods ground into a sausage? What a waste. Arrrrgh!!!)

I will concede that the passion fruit/black sesame cheesecake has real possibility.. but it also prolly another chef.

Haute cuisine is over my head, though it can be fun to see what the chefs come up with. Regardless of restaurant, my favorite courses are invariably the desserts, and I am just waiting for the all-dessert menu. :D

Haute cuisine is over my head, though it can be fun to see what the chefs come up with. Regardless of restaurant, my favorite courses are invariably the desserts, and I am just waiting for the all-dessert menu. :D

It's funny. I'm not a sweet eater at all... however, I find desserts the most imaginative/whimsical and captivating to explore when dining out.....

-Gregory

Have you checked out Dessert First, an event hosted by Project Open Hand? I haven't gone for the past couple years but would be game to check it out again next year if you're down, and it is for a good cause! :)

Back