Cali Kid Corals

Apex after power loss

svreef

Webmaster
BOD
When the power comes back on after a power loss, the water level in the sump is high and my skimmer overflows immediately. I’m wondering if the Apex has a notion of this and I can program it to defer turning on the skimmer.

As a work around, I can turn it off when the ATK high level sensor is on, but can you think of a better way?

Add this line to any equipment that you want to delay turning on after an off event. This is 1 min delay you can change the value as u like.

Defer 001:00 Then ON

That line is already there for my skimmer but it doesn’t cover a power loss because there’s no off event.

it should. Do you have on on power loss setting by any chance?
This line delay turning on the equipment when it goes off due to power loss or due to real off command..

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Output Return_Pump = OFF Then OFF
If Output Leak = ON Then OFF
If FeedA 030 Then OFF
If pH > 8.40 Then OFF
If ATK_HI CLOSED then OFF
Defer 006:00 Then ON

I don’t think they account for power off. There’s no off event. When the power comes back on, everything goes back to where it was.

If one of the off commands above is triggered and then there is an on command then, yes, it will wait the defer before switching it on.

I don’t think they account for power off. There’s no off event. When the power comes back on, everything goes back to where it was.

If one of the off commands above is triggered and then there is an on command then, yes, it will wait the defer before switching it on.
with this code when I used to get a power loss then back on, the skimmer delay its on state by the defer statment..

I use this... had same problem and this solved it..

Fallback ON Set ON
If Output RETURN_VCTRA = OFF Then OFF
If Output RETURN_VCTRA Amps < 0.1 Then OFF
If Output RETURN_VCTRA Watts < 35 Then OFF
If Power Apex Off 001 Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ON

Power states in Apex are indeterminate on power cycle. Your code may or may not work depending on what is randomly in memory after a power cycle.

Adding "If Power Apex Off 001 Then OFF" will turn the outlet state to off for 1 minute after a power cycle is detected during power up.

It’s another pierce of equipment, but I have a level sensor in the container my skimmer drains to as well as a too high sensor in my sump. Either will shut off the skimmer.
You should be able to make
It delay when the power comes up as well with lines above.

Power states in Apex are indeterminate on power cycle. Your code may or may not work depending on what is randomly in memory after a power cycle.

Adding "If Power Apex Off 001 Then OFF" will turn the outlet state to off for 1 minute after a power cycle is detected during power up.
Thanks @RandyC. I remember reading about that before but never got around to implementing it. I haven’t specifically noticed this problem, but I could see it happening so I added this line to my skimmer code just now.

The If Power line is the correct path.
Thank you @Vhuang168 for definitive confirmation! We are fortunate to have your expertise here.

Back