Reef nutrition

Apex controller and Red Sea led 50s connectivity issue?

Chrism1330

Supporting Member
Hey guys I'm not sure if any of you may have had this issue or know how to fix this issue but I can't seem to figure it out. My lights won't stay on in the "AUTO" setting on APEX, when I check the reef beat app it says connectivity issue. When I turn it "ON" on apex everything works. Is there a way to fix this? I've check the time setting on both the APEX controller and the ReefBeat app that doesn't do anything. The only thing I did was play with the light setting after that it randomly wasn't connecting on "AUTO" lights stayed off the whole time and got no signal to the app. I’m new to this equipment I can’t seem to figure it out.

Attachments

• IMG_7833.png
    IMG_7833.png
    177.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7834.png
    IMG_7834.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7836.png
    IMG_7836.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7837.png
    IMG_7837.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 22
your shut down value says temp of 81. your tank is now 81.1, therefore it turns off. suggest you move the value higher or dont use a temp value on it or use the red sea app for the timer instead.

IMG_7837.png

Last edited:
From your screenshot, your Apex temp sensor is saying the temperature is 81.1 degrees. So either your Apex is right and the heater is wrong or vice versa. Or both could be off.

It’s set to 78 but turns off at 79 is that not ideal?
Temp control and turning off the light when it gets hot is kinda an old school thing when people ran metal hallide lights as they created a lot of heat. I would set the temp shutoff for the light to 83 or 84 if you insist on using this outlet in light mode.

And figure out why your tank is running hot.
78 - 79 is fine but something isn't working properly, either the temp probe itself or the heater. The club has a digital temp pen you can use to check the calibration of your heater/temp probe.

Temp control and turning off the light when it gets hot is kinda an old school thing when people ran metal hallide lights as they created a lot of heat. I would set the temp shutoff for the light to 83 or 84 if you insist on using this outlet in light mode.

And figure out why your tank is running hot.
78 - 79 is fine but something isn't working properly, either the temp probe itself or the heater. The club has a digital temp pen you can use to check the calibration of your heater/temp probe.
I will check this out and that would be great to use the digital pen thank you!

From your screenshot, your Apex temp sensor is saying the temperature is 81.1 degrees. So either your Apex is right and the heater is wrong or vice versa. Or both could be off.
or the room temp is hot....tank is not is direct sunlight or anything?

Back