Jestersix

Apex COR beta starting

For those waiting on the COR, good news! I just received my COR candidate notice. Beta should start in August. So I'm guessing it will be released publicly before the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look what showed up today!

1d8f9574fd9f8bf5f0a80960fc149912.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run my L1 at full tilt. But, I'm also feeding a recirc skimmer and a biopellet reactor with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I finally got the COR installed.

Went very well.

The Task setup made it super easy.

There is a calibration you do so that you can tune the pump to your tank.

1st step is to start the pump then turn it up or down till you get the flow you want. I ended up at 75%. The task then makes this your 100%.

The next step is the coolest.

You then tune the minimum flow. What this means is you adjust the pump till it pumps just enough water that the return plumbing doesn't drain. Ideally, it doesn't drain or put more water in that tank. I ended up at 16%. This is now your 0%.

So when I go in to Feed mode, water drains from the overflow but the return doesn't siphon!

Noise wise, it is very very quiet! If I put my ear into the return chamber and turn off everything else and I strain, I can hear it, but just barely.

I like it a lot!

So I finally got the COR installed.

Went very well.

The Task setup made it super easy.

There is a calibration you do so that you can tune the pump to your tank.

1st step is to start the pump then turn it up or down till you get the flow you want. I ended up at 75%. The task then makes this your 100%.

The next step is the coolest.

You then tune the minimum flow. What this means is you adjust the pump till it pumps just enough water that the return plumbing doesn't drain. Ideally, it doesn't drain or put more water in that tank. I ended up at 16%. This is now your 0%.

So when I go in to Feed mode, water drains from the overflow but the return doesn't siphon!

Noise wise, it is very very quiet! If I put my ear into the return chamber and turn off everything else and I strain, I can hear it, but just barely.

I like it a lot!

Ecotech pumps have this feature as well.

I'm in the process of a new build. I bought the M1 2 years ago, then found out it wasn't Apex ready. In the box it still sits, it's never been wet. Looking hard at the Reef Octopus S6, but would jump on the COR if Neptune actually releases it.

Back